Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to determine TDP on intel 1115G4 tiger lake ?

Options

Comments

assume 15w

no review tests TDP for ultra-budget laptops

the i5 version runs at 15w so be sure the i3 is no more

https://laptopmedia.com/review/asus-vivobook-14-x415/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Thank you Glasso, in that case I will be steering well clear. Turns out the 11th gen G4s (1135g4, 1115g4 etc) are not compatible with throttlestop so you need a creative solution to combat fan noise when gaming (this device would definitely be used primarily to play rocketleague and overwatch by my kids) so the hunt continues. It could be that the newer alder lake chips are back to being compatible with throttlestop so perhaps waiting is the move here

the acer swift 3 runs the i5 at 28w pretty much continuously

reviews don't review the i3 versions of laptops typically as said so almost impossible to know

you might find out on manufacturer service manuals

unless the same laptop platform has also i5 versions that run at the higher TDP continuously (as opposed to very briefly) the lower spec i3's etc won't have it because the cooling will be the same

so maybe the acer swift i3 runs at 28w because the i5 does - but you'd never know for sure

actually the x415 did run the i5 at ok power for a while and still at 20w after 10 minutes but no guarantee for the i3. depends on the bios and the cooling

Intel Core i5-1135G7

0:02 – 0:10 sec

0:15 – 0:30 sec

10:00 – 15:00 min

ASUS VivoBook 14 X415

3.31 GHz (B+38%) @ 91°C @ 37W

2.71 GHz (B+13%) @ 91°C @ 25W

2.40 GHz (B+0%) @ 76°C @ 20W

https://laptopmedia.com/review/asus-vivobook-14-x415/

Advertisement