Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site getting more difficult to use

Options
  • 11-03-2022 11:00pm

Hi Guys. It’s getting more and more difficult to navigate Boards. No function to allow users see when they last read a thread. From a quick glance through my threads, I’m not the only one getting fed up with the site. The upgrade was and is a disaster. I hope you can get a refund.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

if you're on desktop/laptop ,the button to take you to the newest post since your last visit is invisible but still works

its under the day in the date on the left of the username

I’m on a tablet. Site is just awful. I’m sure that I’m not the only one fed up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭Comhrá

The site is indeed very poor now. Using desktop, I'm waiting nearly 30 secs. for some pages on various threads to load. It seems to have reverted to the slowness it had pre Vanilla. Tedious to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I use a laptop and I just click on the thread title and it takes me to where I last left off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,709 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Drop down arrows in the Categories list on mobile have disappeared. Pain in the testimonials.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately not on my iPad. It just disappeared overnight. I also have a problem if I accidentally click “quote” instead of “thanks”, I’m left with the quoted post waiting for me to comment and post no matter how often I delete it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,352 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

For this, you have to click on your profile icon top right, click on "Drafts" and delete the draft from there.

Pain in the hoop, but that's the way it is, unfortunately.

Doing this takes me to the top of the last page I was on.

The little down arrow to the left of the thread title is gone, but the button is still there (thanks to whoever pointed that out elsewhere!), so if you click on the empty space where it used to be it still works.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I used to enjoy the site, the info the banter and all that. But not anymore so much. It is just not user friendly at all. Cannot find my posts, well I can but it starts back in 2016 or something and I can't be bothered. Can only see what I was on if someone quotes me or responds to me. I am sure there is another way to track what I have contributed to but if it is not quick and easy I'm not bothered. There are other boards/sites out there that are tiny and niche and yet have user friendly features.

I'm sorry that Boards has deteriorated so much, it passed many an idle hour for me, but it is a chore now so naturally my posting is less frequent. And because fewer people are posting, the content of discussions is weak too. Sorry to sound like a total moaner.

There does not appear to be an app either although I use desktop a lot of the time.

“The little down arrow to the left of the thread title is gone, but the button is still there (thanks to whoever pointed that out elsewhere!), so if you click on the empty space where it used to be it still works.”

Thanks for that tip. It works!🙏

Advertisement