Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for my first loan ever this week

• 13-03-2022 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I've had a credit card which I have seldom used apart from car rentals and things like that.

This week I am going to apply for a loan to buy a car and the thoughts of it are freaking me out a little bit.

I don't really need a loan but I would rather keep savings in my bank as I'm not a great saver and will have no choice but to pay back a loan.

So I'm wondering should I take a loan of say 20k at a lower interest rate over 5+ years as opposed to 12k over 3 years. I plan on moving abroad in the next 2 years so wonder what the story would be paying it back. Can I just sell the car and pay back whatever is owed?

I know pcp or hp aren't that easy to get out of but I'm just going to apply for a simple personal loan or finance through a garage.

All advice is greatly appreciated!!

Advertisement