Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the right.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Cordell

As for Hitler, he'd fit in perfectly with today's right

No, he won't, it's insulting to say that. Right doesn't mean far right, far right have more in common with the far left than with the right. Right wing values like freedom, democracy, capitalism, free market and meritocracy have nothing in common with the nazis and Hitler. Radical nationalism and even xenophobia were quite common among far left regimes in Eastern Europe.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,861 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It isn't. It's insulting to pretend Stalin has anything in common with today's left.

Trump supporters regularly wave Swastikas and encourage Israel's genocide. It's perfectly fair.

The values you list are liberal, not right wing. The right tends to foster corruption, racism and oppression.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Don't the Democratic Party establishment at the senior level also support Israel's massacres of civilians, and in fact help to make it possible diplomatically and militarily?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,849 ✭✭✭SeanW

This is a truly bizarre post. To the extent that "ethnonationalist" is a slur, the Left are guilty of it because they demand "From the River to the Sea, Palestine will be free" for Palestinians … so Palestine (which would replace the world's only Jewish state) would be an ethnonationalist and religious state with an ethnonationalist and religious government (Arabic and Islamic) …

Of course "Palestine" would be one new Arab country in addition to the 22 that already exist, and one less Jewish state … of the exactly 1 that exists today.

As for Hitler, if he went to the US and wanted to put the Jews in gas chambers, he'd have to start with Donald Trump's family and I don't think that would go down to well with the US right. But he might well find bedfellows on college campuses and in those "Free Palestine" protests.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,861 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

More pathetic whataboutery. If you want to provide evidence, please do so. Otherwise, we're done.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

Right so you don't even know that the US establishment including the President and many Democratic congressmen have helped to facilitate Israel's civilian massacres of Palestinians with diplomatic cover and billions in emergency security aid transfers to Israel.

Cool............Well I've run out of things to say so I guess we're done here!

Stalin has in common with today's left just about as much Hitler has in common with today's right.

The values you list are liberal, not right wing.

They are values that right wing have, but not necessarily exclusive to the right wing. Capitalism and free market and meritocracy are definitely right wing values, and freedom and democracy are common from left to centre to right. With the left putting more value to society and the right putting more value on the individual. And even when you're leaning harder to the conservative right, you still value freedom and democracy.

The right tends to foster corruption, racism and oppression.

No, it doesn't, but all these traits are common among far left and far right.

The right threw out those values some time ago like one of Trump's nappies.

Right wing is not defined by Trump and his voters.

It is if Pol Pot defines left wing. Can't have it both ways.

• Advertisement

I never claimed that. If anything, Pol Pot and Stalin and Mao define far left, not left wing.

The thread is about the right and it's a fact that Nazi support is on the rise in various countries including the US and Germany. Therefore, term has legitimate use. The far left here in the UK want people to stop driving and eating meat. Not remotely the same thing as the Khmer Rouge.

Yes, I can see that once again people intentionally confuse right wing with far right, but that's not a reason for me to do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭nachouser

Harris attacked again. This is fine. Nothing to see here. Ah sure it was only a hoax this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

Far right scum threatening Harris' home. These domestic terrorists need to be deal with firmly.

Been allowed to get away with arson, intimidation and violence for too long. Drew "softly" Harris has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DialecticAspirations

Amazing post.

Let's exclude the left wing monsters of history from the discussion. But not those from the right.

🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

The left swapped blue collar working conditions for trans issues

Left wing politics is for comfortable middle class folks nowadays

The thread is about the right. How many times must this be highlighted?

Just as logical to say that right wing politics is for fascists.

The thread is about the right. How many times must this be highlighted?

It's about far right, not right. How many times must this be highlighted? There are no dangers coming from the right.

I suggest you read the title.

There are several dangers coming from the right which some people can't tolerate, hence the constant whatabouteries.

• Advertisement

My point exactly. It has become all too common for left leaning people to intentionally confuse far right with right. It's disingenuous, lazy and insulting.

But you're fine doing the opposite of course. It's disingenuous, lazy and insulting.

We're done here.

I dare you to find a single post of mine where I accuse left wing for things that are actually far left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭dublin49

Havent read tru thread but re heading,the danger in this country has recently been the woke brigade that shot down any legitimate expression of concern re the mess that is our asylum system currently.I get that most EU countries are grappling with the same issues but our Government were cowered by the Woke left and sat on their hands for years and let a difficult situation become an intractable mess through lack of preparation or action.If the hard right emerges as an electoral force in future elections it will IMO be solely down to the incompetence and lack of courage and action from the main political parties here.

Post edited by dublin49 on

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

As a commentator said more about the US but I think it applies elsewhere, its essentially Dads v batsh1t crazy women. who is against transing kids= Dads, who is for it= Bat sh1t crazy women

who wants logical end enforced borders=Dads, who is against it =Bat sh1t crazy women

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Expressing legit concerns, go for it. Being racist, xenophobic, engaging in arson that's getting the response it deserves.

The right is responsible for what the right does. It's that simple.

Because of the cancellation culture perpetuated by the Woke brigade ,legit concerns get re classified as hate speech so none of the main stream politicans had the courage to properly reflect the increasing unease within their communities.There is some movement on that now with Sinn Fein and I expect others will follow suit as they realise "the hard Right " or racist tag has been depowered by overuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

• Advertisement

Advertisement