Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've been looking in the wrong direction, the dangers are coming from the right.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,944 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So if you don't give a **** about the "downtrodden" I'm really not sure how the remark is supposed to be a cut against "the new left" - cuts as sharply as a pool noodle to mock 'the new left' for being unable to find the housing for these 'downtrodden refugees without a bed tonight' while you sit there and laugh at both through a locked door.

We have a homelessness crisis and have no business housing a load of refugees from half away across the world where only 1% of the country is actually at war. 

This is the silliest concept I ever heard of. Sure the yanks needn't have gotten into WW2 because by land mass pearl harbor was real tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭xxxxxxl

Can I ask why were so interested in a Irish issue this is not affecting USA unless you count money ? Ofc not attacking the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,630 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Care to explain exactly how this is the case with reasonable references to where you got the information that leads you to think that this is true.

We also have 160K thousand vacant properties.

Properties that housing and homeless groups are crying out for the government to enforce the owners to make them available to the market.

Here's one such organization doing so.

How does that match with your narrative that the government are in the pocket of NGO's?

I know some people break out in hives being reminded about what the American right is up to, but, this is particularly sinister, and is something that resonates strongly through history.

Then Kanye came out with this, and as the tweet said, was given an opportunity to speak on air to Tucker Carlson after doing so.

And this is what happened in California today.

Left wing idealists in the US are fighting for women to have the right to do what they choose with their own bodies. And for more accessible health care etc. And for protecting the environment. And you might say, 'Oh but those people on the bridge are extremists', maybe so, but they are on the bridge because of the likes of Kanye, Trump and Tucker. Are those people extremists also? There's no 'both sidesing' what we are seeing right now and it is not happening by accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

Sure he's Oirish. Top o the mornin laddie.

It's a bizarre situation. Keeps appearing like an apparition.

Get the priest

The new left is all about optics not caring for the downtrodden.

I'd say they care about the downtrodden, but only from the perspective of how it increases their influence, and appearance of being virtuous. There's little real interest in effecting lasting change that resolves the problems involved. Which is why we see so much interest with immigration from developing nations of peoples without the skills/education to be independently successful in the west. It increases the populations of those, the left can moan over their lesser standards of living, or the cruel injustices (all the while increasing the burden of cost for everyone else).

You're right though. This is all about optics. The pinnacle of virtue signalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You are some .....

Did I ever say we as a people and a nation should not be ashamed of the treatment meted out to what was seen as non conforming christians, nay catholics, in this state both by the church and the state itself.

You are now dragging in the abuse scandals, our treatment of mentally ill or different sexual leanings to conflate the argument with the notion about being ashamed of what Ireland and Irish people did to people in some far off land that were probably a different race.

You know damn well what I was driving at, but you decide to widen the scope.

I am not allowed discuss …

Oh aren't we the smart lad/ladette.

You do know that tiktok has as of 2021 86 million users in the US?

And by the looks of what I have seen most of them post shyte.

You do know it doesn't matter where a platform is hosted or originates, the content is what people watch/share.

Post edited by jmayo on

Ah yes, projection, projection, projection.

Those who could never countenance doing something selflessly for the good of others, or working to help others imagine that those who do so are only in it for clout.

What a bitter view.

• Advertisement

You and Klaz should get together and have a support group about the unfairness of people who don't stick specifically to the content of your posts.

Complaining because I gave examples of institutional behaviour that may have motivated people to leave Ireland isn't me widdening the scope, it's showing you that looking at things in a narrow specific focus is going to lead you to miss the bigger picture.

Whether that is intentional, or otherwise, only you know.

Ehh who is this WE you speak of, don't you live in the US?

There you go again with links to US issues and then you project that Ireland has a huge issue with right wing.

When are you going to get it that the US is a toxic shyteshow and the polarisation is only getting worse, with some going back towards KKK and Nazis.

And to show how fooked up it is you have neo Nazis (the real ones with their Hitler salutes and not just someone against modern trans activists and un-managed immigration) using the comments of a black for their cause.

You highlight three absolute toxic motormouth clowns as examples of how bad things are.

BTW I have to thank you for including old Kanye there because it highlights one thing that a fair amount of the modern socially liberal refuse to countenance.

And that is that black people can be racist just like old whitey.

BTW you do seem to have an unhealthy fascination with that utter gutter scutter Carlson.

I bet you are like the ones that use to tune into Howard Stern, they detested him and his antics, but they tuned in to see how bad he was and then complain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What twaddle are you posting now? Ireland is not America. Thank Christ on a few levels.

This is the silliest concept I ever heard of. Sure the yanks needn't have gotten into WW2 because by land mass pearl harbor was real tiny.

Maybe you should have paid more attention in history class during your schooling. Pre war America was actually quite isolationist and didn't want to get involved, certainly in a war with Germany. Secondly the obvious bit; Hawaii was a US territory and Pearl Harbor was a direct attack on US military forces. Slight difference. Unless I missed the part where Russians have attacked the Blaskets.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

What twaddle are you posting now? Ireland is not America. Thank Christ on a few levels.

Did you even read the post you reacted to with Hives before you flipped out about people discussing America again

Maybe you should have paid more attention in history class during your schooling. Pre war America was actually quite isolationist and didn't want to get involved

No **** ****, hence what I was saying. Thanks for the mansplaining, dismissed.

Didn't realise you were of the female persuasion. Well I never. It still stands. There is a tiny bit of a difference between getting involved when a part of one's country's territory is attacked and fellow countrymen and women are killed in an act of aggression and getting involved when they're not. It's got eff all to do with the current situation. Indeed we have bent over backwards in the current situation. Only 3000 Syrians got settled here after checks and a long wait. Don't know of too many Yemeni's either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

No mansplaining, just Wibbed for your pleasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭meepins

"Something that resonates strongly through history"

Yeah it's funny how all through recorded human history various peoples have had a problem with a particular group of people and their criticisms of them are always the same. I guess everyone else is the problem.

Then you post a typically pathetic Trump tweet where he is grovelling to Jews for acceptance back into the financial & political power structure. He's done this many times before - it's nothing new. There's something sinister about this? Perhaps, but not for any reason you would come up with.

Then it's on to Kanye tweeting about being threatened and told to apologise for wearing a white lives matter t-shirt. I imagine it was some cheap publicity stunt for something - possibly the rumored purchase of a chat app. If only he actually believed it and wasn't funding projects like bail reform which saw pieces of filth like Darrell Brooks being allowed to go free and commit racial terrorist attacks against a lot of white people in the Waukesha Christmas Parade in Nov. 2021.

What Kanye said has been proven absolutely right. He's lost his banking and various sponorships etc. quite swiftly and why? It's because he shined a light on the truth and wouldn't back down. I'd say he only half understood the extent of the problem he was facing going by his own comments on the security of his adidas contract.

Then you have some non sequitur about idealists fighting for womens rights to murder babies or something and then the usual pearl clutching I expect to see when I come to this rubbish tip of opinions - apparently there's a point you're making here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Nope don't want to discuss that anymore. absolutely shocking dog whistle post

Post edited by RobbieTheRobber on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

meanwhile on the left. mature minors, gimme a break.

Canada To Review Eligibility Requirements For Assisted Suicide, Which Could Allow Minors To Seek Death Without Parental Consent.

On March 17, 2021, Bill C-7 received Royal Assent, a huge milestone for medical assistance in dying (MAID) and end-of-life rights in Canada. With the new law in place, the next step is the Parliamentary Review committed to in the Bill. The review includes eligibility for MAID of mature minors.

Mature minors is a legal term in this context you do know that right. And it already exists in Canadian law because it was recognised by their supreme Court in 2009.

So it is correct for the joint committee to consider it in this context.

But something something the left are trying to kill kids. Right?

well its a left wing country that are considering allowing assisted suicide of minors without parental consent.

so yeah, that aspect of the left is just beyond belief.

that law in 2009 was obviously the thin edge of the wedge.

and here's what some states consider to be mature minors:

BC: The Infants Act does not set an age at which a child becomes capable of consent to medical procedures

NS: Medical procedures can be performed on any person capable of providing informed consent

ontario: The Health Care Consent Act allows all persons capable of informed consent to agree to treatment. The Substitute Decisions Act presumes all persons 16 or older can give or withhold consent to care

PEI: Medical procedures can be performed on any person capable of providing informed consent

bat **** crazy as far as i'm concerned

How do you imagine this playing out, in reality?

in reality it will rarely happen i reckon.

that aint the point. the fact it can happen is a huge issue.

would you support this?

It wasn't a law in 2009 it was a decision of the Canadian supreme Court. The concept of mature minor also exists in the USA. (definetly not a left wing country).

Sometimes I do wonder why am I bothering when other posters don't even read or understand the links they post.

Post edited by RobbieTheRobber on

I don't see a legitimate reason to oppose it. If one already understands compassionate medical suicides, the only thing that is different here is the patients physical age, they are no less suffering or dying, etc. and the legislators proposing the changes are looking at 12 and up, kids who often have considerable degree of autonomy and self awareness, that a similar toddler or infant does not. Certainly 18 doesn't seem right - the child, at 16, can drive a car (a risk to the public sure) but not elect for compassionate end of life? Seems skewed.

if you dont see a legitimate reason to oppose it, i will presume you support this. 12 years of age!

any doctor who supports this should be struck off.

i'm depressed and i want to kill myself.

are you in your right mind?

yes.

grand, you'll be dead tomorrow.

what ever happened to offering proper support to people struggling? just let us help them kill themselves and we save money in the long run.

Descending into an emotive rant absent actual facts of the legislation? Well, now I'm convinced.

• Advertisement

You even linked to the thing and raised this guff entirely yourself.

Question,

How in the universe did you come to the conclusion the legislation would assist teenagers to suicide themselves for depression?

i'm depressed and i want to kill myself.

are you in your right mind?

yes.

grand, you'll be dead tomorrow.

Advertisement