Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What has happened to Ashbourne

Options
  • 14-03-2022 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭

Was meeting a client in Ashbourne for lunch today.

Was planning on going to the Pilo its easy for parking and a decent enough lunch and venue .

but after I arrived saw the restaurant is closed for renovations.

Its pre covid since I was last in Ashbourne village.I drove and parked of Killegland street as memory was there was 3-4 places you could eat there. Simple enough fair , toasted sandwich and a coffee would have done the job.

Nearly all the shops are closed, very few business still trading and none for food other than McDonalds.

What has happened ? Surely post covid all these should be back open or rented out to new people if the previous owners folded during covid .

It was very grim and not my memory of Ashbourne pre covid at all .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sadgilmore

It's gone down hill massively since 2019.

The cafes on killegland street closed around 2020 (pre covid so not the reason). There is a nice place on the super valu SC but overall Ashbourne has little on the go imo.

Covid lockdowns were not pleasant here and there is a serious anti social behaviour problem (whether people want to ignore or says its an exaggeration... maybe cause they don't want house/apartment prices impacted) but it's fact. It's rough and not a pleasant place to live let alone visit for bite to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Fiona

Ashbourne has turned into a really horrible place since I moved there in 2006. I moved to Navan last year I couldn't wait to get out of the place, the antisocial behaviour in the town centre is off the charts.

Parents don't care and they seem to be worse than their kids when challenged on it!

Advertisement