Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5g Router Position/Recommend

• 14-03-2022 6:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭

So I have installed a new 5g mobile broadband network in the house due to NBI pushing out our date by 12 months and I doubt it will arrive then either. So I have bought a few Unifi AP's and hard cables them all in attic. I have a bungalow

I went with a Eir H122-373 as they have the best coverage in the area. It has a handy tool to find the best location in the house which seemingly is in a window at the front of house. Of course I have moved everything into the attic and no matter what location I put it in, I still get the recommendation to move to that specific window. I don't seem to be able to get 5g. Any idea why this might be even when I am directly above it?

So that leads to other question, as I am in attic I was thinking of putting an arial on the roof and connecting. The H122-373 will not support so wondering what is the best 5g router available? also any idea on antenna's?

Thanks

Advertisement