Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Facebook Marketplace scam

• 14-03-2022 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Curious if I ran into a scam or if legit sale.

Selling a children's buggy on Facebook marketplace. Got some question from a guy about an extra, I said it doesnt have it. No reply on that. The day after I receive a message from a woman who claims to be the man´s wife and asks about some other extra. Very particular questions, and without research into the buggy you won´t know this exists. Buggy is unique and not sold in Ireland.

So she offers to pickup via courier. At this point I think Scam and leave it. Some hours later she comes back and says it is urgent as travelling soon, offers, paypal, bank transfer and revolut. I ask for revolut and money gets transferred. Part to be collected by GLS with address in Mayo, a house on the countryside. The urgency is again a red flag

Checking the two accounts, they match up. Old accounts, similar pictures (two adults and three children looking close enough), both living both in Mayo, Far enough from Cork to not collect.

Any further ideas what to check? My only idea is that it is a stolen credit card and paid this way

Comments

Advertisement