Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cadetship Wages.

Options
  • 14-03-2022 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I am looking forward to starting my cadetship if my application is successful in the next competition. I read an article by the Sun ( I can't post a link but it's title is "Most soldiers earn more than average industrial wage of approximately €38,000, Defence Department reveals"). They stated: "While Cadets start on just €18,829, they will be rewarded in time". Is this the case or a false statement for clicks on their article?

I'm aware the wages in the IDF are not the best in the world but still a good living wage and money isn't my motivation to join. However, I need to plan my bills and rent for the time I spend as a cadet and look to find out if cadets are paid the low 18,829 a year or the pay scale of a 2nd Lieutenant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 haaz

Hi Emmet,

You'll be on a €20,140 salary for your first 12 months and €22,514 salary for your last 5 months of training. Once you pass out you'll be either on a 1st or 2nd Lieutenant's salary. Cadets with a bachelors degree typically pass out as a 1st Lieutenant.

Also, the Irish Defense Forces is generally abbreviated to PDF (Permanent Defense Forces) so as to avoid confusion with the Israel Defense Forces.

It seems I can't post links, but if you want to read more about the salaries search 'officer pay With effect from 1st October 2021' and click the first link.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement