Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wednesday 16th March 2022 Cheltenham Day Two, featuring Huntingdon, Newcastle and Kempton

• 14-03-2022 11:46pm

7.30 Kempton

MOHAREB ~ 13/2 probable sp ew very consistent at this level,, goes well on polytrack,, 2nd lto over C & D,, has a big weight tho,,

AROUSING ~ 11/4 win An impressive winner lto over C & D in a Class4,, step up to Class3 shouldn't inconvenience William Haggas' 4yr old filly

Think Tyger Bay ~ 11/2 is up against it here at this level & from his draw in t'ten box,,, possibly place lay claims,, Puerta De Vega ~ 7/2 is another i'd rather be against,, came third , first and third in his last three races,, they were Classes 3, 4 and 5, with 8, 5 and 8 runners respectively,, a twelve runner class 3 is a different proposition entirely imo,, another with place lay claims,,

At a likely massive price - 25s on the 'paper'/'probable' sp BOBBY ON THE BEAT can go well from his favourable low draw in box two,, Jan run at Lingfield is significant relevant form in context of this race, is similarly lowly drawn, and not much weight,,

😊 gluck

Comments

Quick look at a couple of the handicaps.. might have a better look tomorrow when going is less of an unknown,,

3 early e/w hopes which might go well if going is on t'softer side, as it's supposed to be atm,,

Coral Cup 2.50 Dans Le Vent ~ 28/1 , Garry Clermont ~ 25/1

Johnny Henderson Grand Annual Challenge Cup 4.50 Amarillo Sky ~ 8/1

3.10 Huntingdon

Kevin Brogan, who claims 3, rides Ace Time ~ 14/1 here,, horse has good form on gd to sft going, with a couple of wins at the end of last year on similar going, at the same or similar trip as what he's tackling in this race,, also ran well over further at same course in November, when getting a bit tired/onepaced over ~ 1/2 mile further,, interesting enough if price mentioned is on offer closer to t'racetime,, horse runs as many bad races as good, and his latest three were far from great, so laws of averages an' all that,,

Might do an e/w dble with his sole other mount, as Brogan also rides Thais Toir ~ 14s in 4.30, and is hard to rule out here,, came a respectable 4th lto at the course, and over a shorter trip,, faded late on, but i think the likely better ground should see him finish closer to 1st than last in finishing order,, has been well supported recently too, and his 2nd last run at Catterick where he finished a staying on 5th of 10 over shorter, is good enough form to have me go e/w on him if price is favourable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Ballymore.........Whatdeawant 20/1 ew

Chase...........Ahoy Senor 6/1

Coral........Drop the Anchor / The Shunter both ew

CC.........Energumene 4/1 ew

XC.......Tiger Roll 7/4 NAP

Grand Annual ......Buddy Rich 7/1 ew

Bumper.......American Mike 5/2

I'm gooch deep on Shishkin @10/11

I really like Stage Star in the opener maybe go E/W there...

I'll suss everything else out in the morning but for now...

ALLLLLLLLLLL ABOOOOOOOOOOOARD SHISHKIN!

Coral Cup 2.50 Cheltenham

Was hoping to pick 4 or 5 for €2.50 e/w recommendations, but the single figured ones can't be overlooked; and although they mostly have reasonable claims, and one or three of them could well go close, they're mostly not jumping off page, so recommendation is €1 e/w,, plus the going might not (likely will, but one never knows) be close to good like what it was today, which is me main pick criteria,,,

Saint Felicien is hard to bypass, but is short enough @ ~ 13/2,,, looks as though will handle ground, but stepping up in trip an unknown,, wouldn't put anyone off, but not for me,,

Drop The Anchor ~ 10s,, no value, looked at form and was expecting 20s+, and was a contender until i saw prices,, hard to know with JP's horses, but am thinking wants softer ground, and/or a shorter trip,, not too hard to swerve this one,,

Unexpected Party ~ 12/1,, am almost glad Skelton's horse is this short, as I think he'll also like softer,, ok run over C & D in November on similar going, but was lesser grade and time was nowt spectacular,,

Indigo Breeze ~ 12/1 has enough questions to answer i feel,, bumper run on goodish ground is solid form, and has raced mainly on soft in his three hurdles' tilts,, didn't stay the 2 1/2m trip the one time he tackled it,, that was on soft tho, but regardless of that he has enough negatives to leave him off here,,,

Camprond ~ 8/1 and another of JP's doesn't look too likely here (i hope) ,, is plenty short,, has two good runs over similar trips on good ground at the course, but makes far too many mistakes that likely won't be forgiven in a race of this magnitude,,

The Shunter ~ 12s,, is probably hopefully 😃 the easiest one of the market leaders to oppose,, hasn't jumped a hurdle for almost a year,, is twice a course winner and may go close, but is just too short for me,, another one of JP's too...

Pen landed on these 5 EW.. and 1 win only

ASHDALE BOB 22/1 PP , COMMANDER OF FLEET 40/1 PP/Lads , MCFABULOUS 16/1 Boyles/Lads , DANS LE VENT 40/1 Lads , TRONADOR 40/1 PP.... €1 ew on them.. fek it, i'll go €2 win on SAINT FELICIEN 13/2 Boyles,, i'd be most annoyed out of all the ones i wanted to dismiss, if this lad went on to win

gluck

• Advertisement

Johnny Henderson 4.50 Cheltenham

A lot of picks here,, no standouts, and a lot of them might be done by the grade, but if not, then they have solid place claims,, ruled out quite a few that look like they 'have to lead' and those that might prefer it a bit softer,,

€1.50 ew on this bunch

BUDDY RICH 8/1 PP/Boyles , AMARILLO SKY 17/2 PP , IL RIDOTO 25/1 Boyles NAP , FRERO BANBOU 14/1 Lads/Boyles/Paddy , POSEIDON 20/1 PP/Lads/Boyles (poor enuf form of late but can't overlook on a/c of 'the crook factor') , CAPPUCIMIX 40/1 PP , HASANKEY 50/1 PP

Il Ridoto gets nap on account of price,, not worried about any individual horse in this,, looks more of a lotto than the 26 runner Coral Cup,,

will settle for a winner and 3 places tomorrow 😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

After a bad day 1

I'm going for long shots with cool names

Scarface

McFabulous

Thyme White

€2.50 e/w acc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

The Shunter is probably the one horse you can’t avoid. Look at the job they pulled with him last year. Won a 2m hurdle a fortnight before going on to land a monster touch over 2m4f over fences.

He’s also trained by a genius in Emmet McNamara. People can say what they want about how that yard operates but he’s a genius plain and simple. McManus didn’t buy this horse for the craic and we all know he loves his festival handicaps…

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Morris Garren

No bets on Day 1 for me (it's a marathon not a sprint) but I want Tiger Roll to win just cos it would be worth the excitement; traditionally the GA is one of my favourite races of the week and a well treated novice often wins this so Il Rodoto stands out, plus Elixir du Nuz from a previous winning combo also appeals to me. Buddy Rich is obvious favourite but Elliot didn't have a good Day 1 and there's not much value.

I don't post often, I like the banter, especially from leffesem, and I hope it's a good few days of punting all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭Motivator

Where did all the old posters such as Rossom go? There used to be pages and pages on each of the threads looking at the days racing. I know it’s probably a few years since that but there was great debate and some of the tips fired out over the years were simply unbelievable. I still remember Rossom put up Son Of Flicka the morning he won the Coral Cup at a huge price. I don’t think it was 66’s but definitely 50/1 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

1:30: Sir Gerhard

2:10: L'Homme Presse

2:50: Drop The Anchor e/w

3:30: Shishkin

4:50: Editeur Du Gite e/w

5:30: Facile Vega

Really looking forward to the bumper – going to stick with Facile Vega who I backed before his Leopardstown win. Hopefully the two short-priced favourites Sir Gerhard and Shiskin will come good – will put them in a double. Would be slightly more worried about Shiskin, but he seems to be a horse that continually finds a way to win. Drop the Anchor is appealing in the Coral Cup and there seems to be a lot of confidence behind him. Price has dropped a lot but still a bit of value at around 8/1 possibly. Not going to bother with the Cross Country but best of luck to the Tiger!

Post edited by howareyakid on

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Onlymatteroftime

1.30 Sir Gerhard

2.10 Ahoy Senor

2.50 Call me lord e/w

3.30 Shishkin

4.10 Tiger roll

4.50 Il Ridoto e/w

5.30 Redemption day e/w

Another great days racing ahead, looks tough for Irish winners today! Best of luck all

Sir Gerhard

Bravemansgame

Shishkin

12/1 treble.

Stage Star w/o Sir Gerhard - 3/1

Tiger Roll - 11/5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭degzs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Agree, no where near the same about of debate, tips, insights as there used to be...

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I remember last year there was lots of talk about some of the regulars being away etc., but even compared with last year, it seems to be a lot quieter on here so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

A lot of us are on a private member's forum these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

Yeah looks like it's died a death compared to previous years. Disappointing as it was always a mine of info and a bit of a laugh too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Posh Boy

Went nuts today - a few quid up from yesterday thanks to Maries Rock.

13:30 Whatdeawant e/w Placed Yay!

14:50 Call me lord - Lost / Ashdale Bob - Placed / Indigo Breeze - Lost all e/w

16:10 Alpha Des Obeaux / Brahma Bull all e/w

16:50 Frero Banbou / For Pleasure both e/w

Did a Lucky 15 too with the PP free bet:

Sir Gerhard Won!!

Bravemansgame Non Runner - Void

Shishkin

Tiger Roll

Finally had a bet on Jack Kennedy to win one today @ 10/3 and one on Rachel to do it again @ 9/4

If I break even for the day I'll be happy......

Post edited by Posh Boy on

Yeah, it is, as it definitely added to the week. Maybe it will pick up again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Tim76

Cashed out on a Con Hill, Edwardstone, Honeysuckle, Run Wild Fred accum yesterday just before Fred placed - lucky escape!

Winnings will be going on a Sir Gerhard, Bravemansgame, Shishkin treble, and...

14:50 The Shunter e/w

16:10 Tiger Roll FTW 🐯

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

shame, i know this was probably the most hated week for the regulars, but the posting with reasoning the more seasoned members used make each day allowed some of us to bet a bit more accurately and have a bit more fun and make some money sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭MacDanger

A few small punts for today

1330 Stage star EW

1410 Threeunderfive to Win

1530 Shishkin to Win, Nube Negra EW & Politilogue EW

1610 Back on the lash EW

1650 Il Ridoto EW

1730 American Mike to Win

GL everyone

gluck with him M ! can't back them all,, i suppose he has a live enough chance, but i needed reasons to swerve 1 or 2 🤣 esp when i have 6 picks in a 6 plce race and 7 in a race with 5 plcs! moderate losses be a result! unless i catch a big priced winna 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Is the rain going to go against Tiger Roll

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

going againt the favourties today, probably the wrong call

1.30 journey with me

2.10 ahoy senior

3.30 chacun pour soi

16.10 Delta work

and an e/w on whatdowewant, the bosses oscar, elixir de nutz at huge odds on nothing more than the various tipsters.

Fwiw i read somewhere that Facile Vega was the most impressive bumper winner Katie Walsh ever seen,,

was tempted to back it as a banker earlier in week on account of i could find no b & m books pricing up me main banker which would have been Ireland to get < ~ 19.5 winners, but, at 5/4 or so at time, and the second fav also looking good, i decided to swerve FV here,,, might yet go with an outsider in this e/w,, was looking at Hughie Morrison's Our Jester ~ 50s, who should like the good ground anyway,,, not enough form for me to have multiple/or even 1 pick in a race like this,, Our Jester each way or nothing at all 🙂

Thanks Morris 😊 a winner or so be even better :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭thefallingman

i'm dying here in work after a rake of pints yesterday after Maries Rock won,

Each way lucky 15

journey with me

Lhomme presse

Camprond

Envoi Allen

i have fury road each way aswell in the 2.10. Good luck all

"Rain" ! Just heard Blake mention it - fekkit anyway, was expecting good ground at worst - maybe even 'gooder than good' going 😄 😴

bummer, hope it's no worse than gd to sft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I have gone for Stage Star ew in the first @ 8/1

Won very easily last run and hopefully has some scope to improve and upset the favorite.

think it were a Telegram group (or summit like that),,,, was a big clamour to sign up (not from me) , and the group former/spokesman mentioned it was fully subscribed,,, that was a fair while ago now - about a year i'd say,, am sure they'd find a spot in it for you j@u 😃 ask the boy "RivetingRoger" ,, think it's his baby 🙂

another banker lands! good for some punters 🤣 4 apiece now with the Irish and others (Brits mainly solely)

Ballymore.........Whatdeawant 20/1 ew

third ,, a good start that 🙂

• Advertisement

Townend got some arm and chest workout there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Brave man non runner . Big rule 4 in this

Bravemansgame is out!

Not overly surprising.

They mentioned on ITV about Paul Nicholls not being happy,,, ground watered last night ffs - why wouldn't he be pi$$ed about it,, i know i am,, saw the sun practically splitting stones this morn, and assumed - foolishly - that it would be good ground 😒

Farouk D'alene doesn't mind a good mud wrestle so I'm having a go @6/1 in the 2.10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

Does the change in ground favour Shiskin/Energumene/Chacun Pour Soi?

bloody sickener,, Harry (Cobden presumably) told PN that ground is Heavy ! Gordon Bennett!! might as well throw me dockets away (i won't, but it aint half annoying - going by the shítetalk, most were presumably expecting gd to soft at worst),,, disgraceful not keeping punters abreast of ground conditions, at Cheltenham and everywhere else too 😒 farking sickened,, and a load of punters AP dockets down swanney on Bravemansgame ☹️

fury road non runner at 210 went with gaillard du mensil instead

Would say it gives Energumene a better chance of beating the other two, tho the three of them do seem to act on heavy..

too tricky, no bet from me in CC

This massive going change has put a massive dampener on this whole day's racing afaic,, a bloody joke!!!!,, would have looked at L'Homme Presse this morn and given him no chance (ON THE ADVERTISED GOOD GOING - DA MUDDERTRUCKERS 😒)

5-4 ,,, hon da Brits 😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Brian Gleeson should be declared a permanent non runner.

COMMANDER OF FLEET 40/1 PP/Lads 

😁 😁 😁

More luck than judgement (going change an all) , but no 1 poster happy!!

5 apiece by my calculations,, hon da Brits 🤣

• Advertisement
Advertisement