Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polycarbonate greenhouses

Options
  • 15-03-2022 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

Just looking for some info on these..mainly the cons..

Do the Polycarbonate panels fade after a while, if so how long?

Do the panel come sealed or are most people sealing them themselves with silicone?

Thx

jayo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Someone I know had a polycarbonate greenhouse a few years ago and the windows flexed so easily that in the first significant wind event the panes came free of the frame and just blew away. I cannot tell you what make it was but it might be worth checking how flexible and how snug fitting the panes are in any greenhouse you are considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Frogeye

I got one last year. I'm on a windy site and its taken everything its been given this year no problem. Frame is light but very strong. Cemented into the ground. 6mm thick polycarbonate. Its gotten a bit dirty alright but no fading yet. No Panes involved. the main tunnel is 2metre wide sheet overlapped and screwed into the metal frame. The ends are cut from sheets and again screwed into place. Just be sure to concrete it into the ground and the but a bed or timbers around the bottom to stop the wind getting under it.

Happy with it so far.

Advertisement