Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Part time work and Jobseekers Benefit

• 16-03-2022 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I recently took up a PT temporary contract of work 20hours a week/3days. Am I entitled to claim for the other days i dont work?

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Yes is the simple answer as long as your working less than 4 days , as the contract is part time, you'll be assessed as a part time worker.

It's important to be aware if your claiming , your employer must sign and stamp weekly work sheets (supplied by the department) sometimes referred to as X & O's , you submit these weekly.

You don't mention if your currently in receipt of a Jobseekers payment, if so, it's a straight forward process, just touch base with your intero center , if not you need to follow the process , if you've enough contributions for 2020 , it will be JSB (Not means Tested) if not, JSA, which is means tested.

More details attached.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/social_welfare_payments_and_work/jobseekers_benefit_and_work.html

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tinabelle

Thanks, no i am not in receipt of any jobseekers payment atm. This is all new to me. Is it frowned upon by employer having to sign SW sheets or would it be common in a large organisation with varied work patterns, i presume payroll look after this end of things.

My contract is for a year and may be renewed, i am typically job sharing for another staff member that has reduced their hours..Salary isnt greay hence trying to get something from SW.

I can't say if it is frowned upon but might be considered more of a nuisance in a larger organisations, but it is required by SW unfortunately. It's obviously for you to decide on what to do but it would require you to apply from scratch, basically if approved the payment for the days not worked (2) is approx €88.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tinabelle

Thanks so much Dempo1. I will start the process online and see how it goes, every bit helps.

Good luck 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 bikky

Not creating another thread just for the sake it

But on the opposite theme, lost part work recently whereby I can do a minimum no of hours, without it changing my core welfare rate which I continue to get regardless. Think its 19 hours too and maximum €100 before deductions apply.

The lost income from that part time work can't now in any way be facilitated by the social??? It's just my core rate and the loss of the part time employment is not their concern????

I'm not sure what your asking, are you saying you have lost your part time job completely and were in receipt of SW for days not worked or are you on a payment that allows you work 19 hrs per week 🤔

Getting a full payment that allows me work 19 hrs per week. That work is now gone

Will pm if you need payment details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Hi

Its a bit more complicated I’m afraid then first appears.

In order to be eligible for JSB you need, among other things, to have “suffered a loss of employment”.

This means that at some stage recently you must have had a job which you lost.

When did you last work and why did that cease?

A, I see , unfortunately being able to do Part time work whilst keeping your full SW payment is a Bonus, the loss of that part time job won't make a difference to DEASP I'm afraid, sorry to say, but obviously insure your looking at any additional allowances you might be entitled too .

• Advertisement

Cheers Dempo. Thinking that myself too. Was hanging my hat on the thought there might have been something in the way of credits in the system for me kind of thing. Is basically just that I am neither fully employed but not unemployed either if that makes sense. Ah not worry.

Thank you again Dempo

No problem but do check out any additional supports you might be entitled too, particularly has cost of living getting very expensive.

Take care 😏

Advertisement