Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone help me! 2013 BMW 520D timing chain failure

Options
  • 17-03-2022 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I purchased my car in March 2020 it’s March 2022 and my timing chain failed and it has a warranty but they won’t honor it because I didn’t have the service performed until December 2021. I missed a service but the sales rep promised me the car would have the 150,000 km check before I took ownership. I just discovered that they never did that service and because I delayed service they are refusing to help. I am still paying for this car and it is undriveable. To make matters worse. They put me in a rental car until the 17th and now because I’m not willing to pay them 16,000 for a new engine they told the rental car company to make me bring back the car a day early and this is my only transportation. I need help. Who can I call? This is clearly a known problem and this car has been at the dealer at least 10 times since it was purchased and I told them I thought something was wrong only 2 weeks ago and they said they ran diagnostics and found nothing wrong and now my timing chain has broken. They want me to pay them €1500 just to remove the engine and diagnose the cost to fix. I have never been treated so poorly by dealerships. The purchase was made at colm quinn Athlone and it’s been maintained and is currently sitting lifeless at Conlan BMW Limerick where they refuse to even submit it because of the gap in service and then shortened my rental car during the St Patrick’s day weekend when there are no rental cars available and are literally leaving me high and dry but expect me to continue to pay for a vehicle that is undriveable. Colm quinn last serviced the vehicle at 120km and sold to me at 154000km the sales rep promised the service would be done. The service department told me that at the time the vehicle was sold to me the “key” said service wasn’t due for 26,000 km and therefore no service was required. This is what was told to me today when I discovered the service hadn’t been done! The service that I was promised would be done and because I didn’t have the car serviced until 194000, they are telling me the gap in service is too much and they won’t submit it for warranty repair. Even though It has been there for numerous other problems. Surely, I must have some rights? I was lied to by the salesperson and now I’m being left high and dry by both dealerships and BMW support.

Post edited by Shield on

Answers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement