Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insured Bouncy Castle

Options
  • 17-03-2022 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Guys,

Trying to get a bouncy castle for my son's birthday party can't find any company supplying them that has their own insurance. None of these companies can seem to find a new insurance provider after some left the market.

I would have big reservations about getting one without their own insurance as you could be possibly liable for any injuries that might happen.

Any help appreciated guys, thanks a million.

Best Answer

To answer your question, there are no insurers offering public liability on bouncy castles in Ireland.

And even if there were - they would only insure the bouncy castle company for any liability for negligance on their part, not on yours, and typically part of the hire terms and conditions would include a clause where the hirer idemnifies the bouncy castle company against any claims for injury.

So if little Johnny falls off the bouncy castle and breaks an arm because you're not supervising properly, you'd still be liable.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Well that’s the reason why they can’t get insurance I imagine, why should the bouncy castle owner be liable for injuries?

you want them to have insurance so that if Timmy being at your party ,bounces off the side hurts himself that they are liable and you are not, now you know how the bouncy castle owner feels.

If I am understanding you correctly of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 noname2022

Thanks for your reply 😃

I am actually looking for some useful feedback if there are any companies still with insurance but thanks for informing me of what I know already 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

Probably better off skip the bouncy castles and trampolines

• Registered Users Posts: 3 noname2022

Looks like no fun for little Johnny so 🤣

Advertisement