Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sheds to the side of the house must match the finish of the house?

Options
  • 17-03-2022 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I'm building a wooden shed to the side of my house (Dublin) and I'm wondering how could I make my wooden shed match the finish of the house.

The house has two different finishes. Brick on the front and that typical white paint on the side.

Is this seriously enforced? I can't remember seeing any wooden (or metal even) shed looking like it was made of bricks.. ..and not a lot of ppl make sheds from actual bricks.

...or can I just make it white as the side of the house is white? ...but the brick fence the shed goes behind looks - well, like brick...

If I can still make it white: Do I need to make the entire shed white? Or can I just make one side white that's parallel with the front wall of the house & brick fance?

So confused, thank you :)

Advertisement