Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertiliser for plants

Options
  • 18-03-2022 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering what fertiliser would be advisable for

Lawns

Flowers

Shrubs (red robin, green leaf shrubs etc) and trees

Would you just use granular fertilser like 10 10 20 or something like 0 7 30

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

shrubs and trees, i would not fertilise unless i knew there was a deficiency i needed to address.

are the flowers in the ground, or in containers? i would suggest pelleted chicken manure, or maybe fish, blood and bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭happylad

Thanks for getting back to me magicbastarder. The flowers are in the garden. I have a red Robin plant that losing its leaves and a black beauty shrub that looks like its lacking so not sure do they need something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Neither of those, if over two years old, should require feeding. There are several shrubs called Black Beauty. If it's the Hebe you should avoid feeding it.

For the lawn, 7-6-17 will do . Avoid 10-10-20.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭happylad

Jim. Many thanks for your advice on this.

Advertisement