Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Great Cheltenham 2022 Little Brother's Thread

• 18-03-2022 1:26pm

Don't know about that Cheltenham ad with Colm Meaney,,, Ya laugh at us cos we say 'turdy tree' ad,,, one background member has a sign reading "beans don't belong in a fry" ,, i don't know what to make of that at all:( HOW ta fuq do beans not belong in fry? They're an integral part of a fry in my humble,,,, if i was given to hyperbole i might say that that really threw me for a loop when i saw that particklar banner,, no beans in a fry - shaking my head over heeehh 😃

Then there's the bloke out of The Hardy Bucks in that ad as well :) one time that guy was like a prince,, he was in a legendary comedy, albeit a cult one, but, even at that level he was getting close to operating at "Jimmy the Saint" (character from the film "Things To Do In Denver When You're Dead" ) , played by Andy Garcia, levels,, that is to say levels, the likes of the yanks are wont to describe those who would fall into the 'cool mofos' category, kind of levels,, A "Prince" is how they would term such a character/chap. Now Hardy Bucks dude would nae be at quite that level, but maybe mid-table in division 2, as opposed to Garcia who'd a been at "Division One" level, like he was "back in the day" (but, when we're introduced to Jimmy, 'back in the day' is gone quite a few years - don't think it's mentioned how far back 'back in the day' was in Jimmy's case, but if the handicap was at +/- 9 1/2yrs, i'd have been on the 'unders' myself,, bout 7 years previous to film's timeline i figure were end of Jimmy's, now truant, majestic like Princerishness), as the limeys would terminologise some other bloke what's operating at 'another level' in his chosen field/s of endeavour... but sadly for Hardy Bucks chap he must have now reconciled himself with the fact that he once had it, but now, alas, his day in the sun is over....

or maybe he just wants to make a handy few pound while waiting for the tide to turn in his favour again..

Me, there i was in me sitting room watching 2.50 cupla days ago,,, was tuned in to that race late enough, and less than 1mile to go, so had to go looking for the formguide to see what colours me horses were,,, had one in with a chance coming to the 2nd last, and also the very last obstacle, and he was a big price and looked like winning; there i was roaring like a mofo starting from bout halfway between last and second last ,, then a couple come after him, and i recognize one of t'names (as i was still looking at colours on paper formguide) , and think "yeah i backed him too" , (as me in front pick began faltering late on) so i then roared that other one on like a mofo, thereby continuing on the 'roaring like a mofo levels',,, then it were nip and tuck betwixt him and eventual 2nd up home stretch, so was obliged to up the ante on the roaring like a mofo,, nip and tuck, and it looked about 70/30 in my favour that me nag Commander Of Fleet would prevail, and indeed he did by getting back up late, almost on the line,, a little fuzzy exactly on how the finish panned out,,, So he'd won, and cue the elation......

........So, for a lil while I was oblivious to t'fact that i've neighbours on both sides, even tho at the same time i was also 'livious' as to their likely presence (which sounds paradoxical) , but 'ob'livious overruled, which led me to being oblivious of me carry on, in regards as to how me carry on would be received by the neighbours (if they were in, and likely they were) , and what their levels of consternation may be,,, cos, for a good thirty turdy seconds there was leff roaring like a mofo..

nowt came o it anyhow, and nor was there any grief,, one can only assume that they're sportsfans, and would at least have understood that Cheltenham was on, and a degenerate roaring at his telly was one of those unfortunate, though perhaps inevitable also, side effects,,,

then again, there is a decent enough level of brickerage between abodes, so the sound would not av ad been as bad to nearby residents, as what it might have been had there only been 'cardboard' plasterboard between gaffes,,, a lot of things are worse in this day and age, and a lot are better than years ago; but one thing they had back in day was the appreciation of solid foundations, and solid brickerage/concretearege partitions separating adjoining abodes, and indeed internal rooms also.......................twas almost a feeling of being as at one wit both meself and the non-intruding outside world,, possibly like how rentboy and his mates felt when they went down to London for their hooky 'Russian Sailors' skag deal,,, almost euphoric, apart from the trainspotters would have imbibed a lot of cycling tropics - so maybe close to, but slightly shy of their levels would i have been feeling,, but only for a short time for a goodly amount of the rest of the day also didst your narrator feel like this, as t'weather were pretty great all day long...

a lot to be said for warm weather and concrete walls,,, some day when me ship comes in i feel Spain beckons, or maybe South of France,, warm with concrete walls and chill neighbours'll do me...

observations/stories/off the wall stuff like the above is what this thread could be about, if anyone wants to post that is, which is dandy and fine 🙂

TLDR Cheltenham off-topic threat,, any opinions on jockeys/trainers/presenters/fans/pub&betting shop shenanigans or any of that kinda thing,, r even go on about what ya wud have/could have won, or aftertime,,, whatever :D

Comments

Advertisement