Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open an account from overseas

Options
  • 18-03-2022 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

As an Irish person living in the USA, can I remotely open a current or savings account?

If not remotely, can I do it in person?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To apply for a non-resident account with Bank of Ireland you would need to have a financial tie to Republic of Ireland, such as salary paid by Irish employer, pension payment from Irish Government or Irish pension provider, purchasing property. We have information here on how to apply for a non-resident account.

Thanks

Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gerrit85

My wife got offered a Position as a healthcare worker in Ballinasloe and we are on our way to Ireland from South Africa, would it be possible to open a BOI account from South Africa.

Thank you

Gerrit Steyn

palmtreeisat_gerrit@yahoo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi Gerrit.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

If you are moving to Ireland in the next 6 months please send us a private message which includes your email address, your contact number and the best day/time to call you. We can pass this on to our colleagues to get back in touch with you on this.

Thanks,

Declan

Advertisement