Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky FTTH Question

Options
  • 18-03-2022 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi,

I currently have FTTC with Sky/Eir, with Sky Mesh (including 3 Q mini's and a repeater in the house). FTTH now available to me and I have ordered it from Sky. I will obviously be returning by current Sky modem. Can anyone please tell me what equipment will I get as a replacement? Will my mesh still work with the new kit? OpenEir is the fibre provider.

Knowing this will allow me to re-plan my network layout. Currently my modem is in the hotpress being fed from the phone line in the attic. Fibre will be coming into the ground floor office where the SkyQ 2TB box is. This will mean completely reversing the layout of the network in the house - Bottom up WiFi rather than Top down which is not ideal.

Advertisement