Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish TV on Kodi 19

Options
  • 19-03-2022 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this isnt allowed or if its in the wrong place, but does anyone have any pointers on how to add the Irish channels to Kodi 19? Or to a FireStick in general if not? Apparently in previous versions of Kodi there was an IrishTV add on in the main repository but it seems to be gone in version 19.Would like to be able to watch some stuff every so often while I'm out of the country if possible. I've got virgin Media player working on the firestick with a VPN so it's mainly for rte that I'm without. Any help/info would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Post edited by sprucemoose on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭PureIsle

It would appear not

Of course a simple cheap USB DVB-T dongle with a suitable aerial would get the channels ..... but sometimes not practical I guess.

What about running a browser and RTÉ player?

Post edited by PureIsle on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Should have mentioned in my original post that it's because I'm not in Ireland at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭PureIsle

Other alternatives are

Use a browser, RTÉ Player, and a proxy or VPN.

or

Have someone in Ireland share their RTÉ channels through a private network connection. That would require sufficient bandwidth for the uploading in Ireland. It is not costly to set up if a suitable Irish location is available. I have used this successfully with Kodi and tvheadend server as Irish source and Kodi with Tvheadend pvr client addon in the remote location.

Advertisement