Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What lawn feed

Options
  • 19-03-2022 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Our back lawn took a bit of a battering over winter.

There are some bare patches, and other patches where the grass is very thin.

I was wondering if someone could direct me to a good lawn feed or should I just get grass seed and scatter that instead?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

scarify the garden first, wait until there’s no chance of frost before applying fertiliser. Lawn sand might be an option if you have moss, re fertiliser I use Westland from the co- op.

for the coming autumn, get a winter fertiliser and apply late October. It will strengthen the roots without encouraging growth so you won’t have to start from scratch next spring

• Registered Users Posts: 29,386 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

same here, ive been working a lot in the garden over the winter, and we also have a dog, so the garden has been wrecked, ive reseeded the patches twice already this year, but it struggles to take to seed, could do with some advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Even though it has been a mild winter you would not really expect seed to germinate yet for maybe another month. Also the birds may be getting it - its a hungry time of year for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

I’ve recommended him on here before, but there’s a YouTube channel called Premier Lawns run by a guy up north where I get all my lawn advice from. He has loads of stuff available and he lists the products he uses too.

Advertisement