Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start of Silverfish infestation?

Options
  • 19-03-2022 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am preparing to move into a new (to me - mid 90s build) apartment.

This morning I found what I believe is a silverfish. I was there yesterday doing a huge clean and didn’t spot any insects of any kind all day.

I know a neighbour in another building has had a silverfish infestation and I’m worried this could be the start.

The apartment is not particularly moist or humid and there’s no food in the place. Should I be concerned that a single (that I know of) silverfish could start an infestation? My windows were open most of the day so I’m hoping it might have been a stray from the neighbours.

Any knowledge or advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Silverfish like moisture. There could have been a leak under the sink under the bath or attic. They eat rotten wood /material. They like paper as well.

Check if there is damp anywhere. Give everywhere a good clean. They like dust as well.

Advertisement