Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iphone unavailable?

Options
  • 19-03-2022 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭

my daughter said her iphone xs max went a bit mad, and face id was continually looking for a face, even when not in front of her, and not recognising her face when placed in front of her. it didn't give an option to enter the 6 digit password. I was away, so didn't see any of this.

now the phone says "iphone unavailable".

anyone have any ideas what to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Chefjom

Usually means pass code tried incorrectly too many ideas. Maybe a reset unfortunately.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253528381 

• Registered Users Posts: 4,755 ✭✭✭ablelocks

thanks - was thinking as much

the frustrating thing is that there was no option to enter the passcode at all - face id just kept trying to unlock the phone, but didn't recognise her face and then the iphone unavailable came up, with no timed intervals.

of course, now we can't access her icloud because it's looking for the verification code which is sent to her phone.

has anyone tried itunes on windows as a recovery method - i remember trying to do it years ago but finding it a pita

Advertisement