Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Church of Ireland - dying a slow death?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

One of my daughters (RC) who was involved in Scouting with a few CoI friends wanted to attend the local CoI Secondary School - we applied - we were told in no uncertain way - we have a 'pecking order' here and RC is at the bottom of the list - in other words just like the English - you can be any religion or none but you can not be RC to play their games.

A bit like when I offered to be a guide leader (I had the experience) for the local Catholic guides group in one village where I lived - they were really stuck for someone - and I was told 'no thanks, you are not a Catholic'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

Faith based youth groups usually have an enrolment of some sort, and the applicant has to make a promise. Maybe at that time it was less enlightened than it is today. For instance, the Guides have changed the word 'God' to 'Faith' according to that person's beliefs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭65535

'Non-sense' - indeed - tell that to my daughter who experienced discrimination because she was baptised a RC.

What is 'templated' online is not what is said face to face behind closed doors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,564 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

So you are saying the school did not follow its published admissions policy? Open and shut case at the WRC if so.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Ronald Binge Redux

My own Parish Group had a small influx after opening one of the Church buildings to visitors and having friendly and knowledgeable active members available to answer questions about history, etc.

Post edited by Ronald Binge Redux on

Advertisement