Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free SIXMARK BETA Watch (P&P required)

• 21-03-2022 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭

I saw Elon Musk reference this on twitter the other day (Allegedly -could be a faked tweet as I can't see it since).

Basically its a $150 Sixmark watch from Outcarb (yeah I never heard of them either). Its free just pay $20 P&P. Probably shipped from US, so might be subject to taxes.

https://www.otcwatches.com/products/todgap-beta-watch

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,861 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Looks like you get what you pay for with this.

In what way is this $20 watch better than this €4 watch OP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭daheff

Absolutely no idea. Realistically its a watch. It tells the time. It sits on your arm. As long as its accurate and the battery lasts a reasonable amount of time, then it does its job.

I'm posting it as it might be something somebody appreciates. You don't like it, don't buy it.

buyer beware and all that.

I've bought one and will post back when it arrives (if it arrives) etc.

So, it's not a Bargain Alert then?

Seems like you've been fallen for the "Price - €4: no thanks. Price - FREE (+$20 delivery) - Free you say? Yes please! " trap. Might want to close this thread so others don't suffer the same fate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,917 ✭✭✭Soarer

Closing the thread won't do anything, but thanks for trying to protect us all from the OP's evilness/stupidity!

The watch in the OP is reduced from $150 to shipping only. Whether it was ever worth the original price or not, nobody knows.

But using numbers alone, it's a bargain.

• Advertisement

That is awful logic.

I can have the exact same site set up in an hour for the watch that I instead linked to. Better yet, I'll make the RRP €600.

Closing this thread WILL do something. It will stop more gullible people spending 400% more on something unnecessarily.

People can still click the link even if the thread is closed.

We don't need our hands held thanks.

But using numbers alone, it's a bargain.

Evidently, people do need their hands held if you're still claiming that this is a bargain.

Absolutely no idea.

buyer beware and all that.

will post back when it arrives (if it arrives)

OP himself has laid bare several times why this is not a Bargain Alert. He wouldn't have stated that unless I held his hand and asked him to.

OP only posted it because some celebrity he follows may or may not have endorsed it.

Five seconds of critical thinking would tell you that a random company you never heard is not giving away their watches for giggles.

So yes, holding hands was apparently necessary. If my posts weren't in this thread, many people would have bought the watch thinking it was a bargain when it's in fact a rip-off.

Pointing out that a Bargain Alert is not in fact a bargain is one of the many reasons as to why a thread should and does get closed in this forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭daheff

So @[Deleted User] what's your definition of a bargain alert? Is it just something you think is a bargain? Or do the rest of us get to suggest bargains to the forum? Like every other thread on this forum.....nobody is forcing you to buy it. You think it's a bargain, then buy it. You don't, then move along to the next thread.

Your response is typical of what boards has become, and why people are reluctant to post bargains on this forum.

So @[Deleted User] what's your definition of a bargain alert? 

Something that is significantly cheaper than than the usual price. You have already stated that you have never heard of this brand nor do you have any indication that it ever sold for their listed RRP.

It didn't.

You have ordered a €4 watch for $20, and that's about all there is to it. I'm sure you'll proudly proclaim "Item arrived. Tells the time. Happy with my purchase." when it arrives, but that would also be true of the €4 watch.

This watch at €4 would not even be a bargain alert. That would be the standard price for this watch.

Your response is typical of what boards has become, and why people are reluctant to post bargains on this forum.

I have posted many more deals than you have. And they were actual deals. My post has saved some people who are as gullible as you are money. Your post instead would have wasted people's money.

To prove me wrong, post this deal on HUKD. Or even post it in the watches forum and see if people think it's worth $20 let alone if it's a bargain at $20. See if people agree with your opinion. Let us know how that works out for you.

• Advertisement

If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it.

The rest of us can make up our own minds, thanks.

That's not how Bargain Alerts works, thanks.

Would you like this forum to be flooded with non-bargains?

My posts have contributed to this thread by pointing out that this item is in fact a rip-off. Your posts, on the other hand, have contributed nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

Jaysus would you leave the fella alone.

If he thinks it's a bargain then let him have it.

€20 for any watch aint bad if it keeps time and looks ok on the wrist.

If he thinks it's a bargain then let him have it.

If that's the way Bargain Alerts worked, you would have to sift through pages of crap before you found an actual bargain.

€20 for any watch aint bad if it keeps time and looks ok on the wrist.

Get a watch in Dealz then. It is bad if it's posted as a bargain at a 400% higher price than you can get it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

I’ll just leave this here

https://www.quora.com/What-are-Outcarb-watches-1

Outcarb watches is a dodgy company that offers “free watches” and offers only to pay the price of shipping. They spam adverts using fake endorsements from Elon Musk and other celebs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

Aristotle, Thank you for the clear, logical and sensible posts in this thread.

These are the kind of posts bargain alerts need more of and the way bargain alerts used to be.

daheff, you have made a mistake with this watch because it is clearly not a bargain, and that's OK.

We all make mistakes but when your mistake is clearly pointed out and explained to you you, you should accept that and stop trying to justify it.

When you are in a hole, stop digging yourself in further.

Soarer, I am a bit surprised at you because I thought that you had more sense.

The bargain (or otherwise) in this thread isn't the issue for me. There's plenty of threads on here that I think are useless/pointless.

My issue is one Boardie telling another Boardie to close the thread because he has an issue with it. And all because he wants to save us from ourselves!

That's not on.

If he has a problem with the thread, report it and let the mods deal with it.

Don't be dictating to others what to do.

That's my last on it.

I didn't tell anyone to do anything. I suggested that someone remove their own post for the obvious reason that not only is that post about something that isn't a bargain, but it's about something that's a rip-off.

In case you're not aware, Boards.ie is very short-staffed these days so asking someone to remove their bargain by themselves when it's pointed to out to them that it's objectively not a bargain seems like a sensible thing to do.

If you feel that my posts are an issue, you should take your own advice and report them rather than filling this thread with your own irrelevant posts that have offered nothing of value to this thread. The only reason that this thread lasted more than five posts is because posters, including yourself, didn't do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

I like the way all the photos have pics of the box. As if the box is some measure of the product.

Oh it doesn't come in a zip lock bag! Great quality!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Shuffl_in

You're just going to get scammed (and probably have been many times) if that's your logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Homelander

I'm afraid the others are correct - this is objectively not a bargain because the exact same item is far, far cheaper elsewhere.

It's a common sales tactic on these sites for years. You get a "free" item and only have to pay postage. There's thousands of these items and similar being flogged by all manner of made-up companies based in China.

Anyone who thinks this is actually a $150 watch reduced to free is unbelievably gullible. It's a $6 watch that was only ever worth $6.

I mean - Elon Musk tweeted it, really? Of course it's a fake tweet, to create interest in this fake bargain.

The truth is, in 100% of cases, you've paid triple the actual going price for these items on Ali Express or Deal Extreme or whatever. The watch in the OP is the exact same watch you can buy for about $6 with free postage on other sites.

The logic of "but sure I got a working nice watch for $20 so therefore it's a good deal" is a bit misguided.

If I pay €10 for a pint in a standard bar that doesn't mean I can't enjoy the pint or say it was a good pint. However I can certainly say it was a terrible value pint.

OK, so it's not life changing money, and you still get a watch, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's absolutely not a bargain. You're not getting a free watch, you're paying $20 for a watch that's normally $6.

Advertisement