Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kubuntu – "a stop job is running…" on shutdown

Options
  • 21-03-2022 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭

I recently installed Kubuntu 21.10 bare metal on my laptop. It’s working great except for this one issue. Intermittently, when shutting down, I get the following message:

A stop job is running for session 3 of user <username>

It then waits for 90 seconds and only continues shutting down after this times out. I can only assume that a process or daemon won’t close and has to be terminated after this timeout period. I don’t know enough about Linux yet to troubleshoot this but I would like to learn about the innards.

Would anyone have any ideas? Once the timer hits zero it shuts down very quickly so I can't see much. Is the console output logged anywhere so I can see what it does after it times out?

Advertisement