Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Loan advice needed

• 21-03-2022 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi everyone, just a quick question. My car has decided to completely die on me, has caught me offguard and need to get some cash to buy a new one asap. I am currently looking for full time work after the whole covid situation, but i am currently freelancing at the moment so making some money. Im going to create a credit union account this week in the hope that i can get a small car loan, however, im worried i wont be approved as I have a 500 euro overdraft with my bank that ive had since college. Would this be an issue in the eyes of the CU?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Having an overdraft isn't an issue, constantly being in your overdraft will an issue. Best way to get an answer to this is to talk to the CU.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yes ask the C.U.

Nobody else can tell how how they'll view that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement