Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TG4, Cula4, TG4 +1

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭RoTelly

You think that they would consider putting TG4 +1 on Sky as the shut down the SD broadcast. Anyone know if +1 is planned for sky, strange to not see it there when it is clearly sharing the same space as Cula4 (Though I'd expect it to be in HD also!)

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Shan Doras

@RoTelly Have they told us if anybody is watching the Cula4 channel?

No not sure if they applied to be on TAM Ireland ratings. While TAM Ireland will have them and TG4 know what they are every 15minutes, TG4 can't release that information as it is confidential to TAM Ireland as they are non-paying channels. Same for RTÉ NEWS channel, though RTÉ News have let it is slip and way back when it was the 2nd watch TV channel not report on TAM Ireland / Neilsen, I think Channel 5 was in that list also, may have taken the top place.

______

Yesterday

I bet Cula4 doesn't have any viewers especially since it continues on the main channel

IMO they should really have +1 the times when CULA4 is on TG4.

e.g. when CULA4 is on TG4 the programme an hour earlier should be on CULA4.

RTÉjr has just 0.30% of the audience can't imagine Cula4 has much more.

I be more interested in TG4+1 as it is across platforms, unlike VMTV1+1. And also as it has a later start to RTÉ2+1, I honestly think it might actually be doing better than both.

______

Yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,689 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It really doesn't matter. It's not there for the viewers but to keep lobby groups happy at taxpayer expense.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

I would have liked it if TG4+1 could have been the Film Channel in association with the Irish Film Board.

Cine4, between 7 - 1, put France 24 back on late night on that channel. 3 movies isn't much and I'd image both TG4 and Screen Ireland would have rights to air those each night.

______

Yesterday

TG4 are spending tax payers money on foolish things, like why fairly recently launch a +1 channel when online players have made such stations obsolete and even RTE are closing theirs ? What is the point of the Cula4 channel when Cula4 remains on the main channel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I find the +1 a big plus (no pun intended).

Anything good on all the main channels usually clash at nighttime. Without the +1's I wouldn't get to see a lot of stuff I want to.

Virgin should have added a +1 as well instead of VM4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Fair point not everyone has smart TVs or good enough internet to access stuff via players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭decor58

The +1's are handy as you say in the case of a clash and it appears as if everything doesn't make it to the players and then there is a delay in getting to the player, its also handy to record be it at the regular time or the +1 and skip the ads. Plus as has been said the internet signal can prove to be an issue, on top of that the availability of the VM player is not universal, we have 3 brands of tv and resort to Now sticks to access the VM player.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,689 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I've never tried TG4's player, but RTE Player is well known to be complete dogshît and despite multiple reboots they're incapable of fixing it. So losing the +1 channels to save hardly any money at all is a big mistake.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

TG4 player functions perfectly technically but a lot of stuff doesn't be put on it and it's very difficult to navigate or search.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

It works reasonably ok on a smart TV I have but anytime previously I've used the app via Chromecast it was patchy to say the least. Also the app I have on my smart TV won't allow me to watch shows live. At time we can have reception issues with RTE so that's a bit of a pain.

RTÉ aren't replacing their plus 1's with anything. How much extra does CULA4/TG4+1 actually cost to run.

______

Yesterday

Advertisement