Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Notice of rent increase and subsequent property valuation

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭mrslancaster

Even if the property is put up for sale, it can take many months for everything to go through with solicitors, banks paperwork etc. If you can't find a new place quickly or within the notice period, the owner might agree to you staying on a while longer, at least until the sale contracts are signed. Also, sales sometimes fall through.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheGlossy

Thanks. We'll see what comes about.

Since my current managing agent supposedly doesn't have any information on what's going on, are there any clues that I can look out for when the agent meant to perform the valuation drops by? I obviously can't ask him directly, but since I don't know what an inspection for valuation entails (aside from checking all rooms etc), I'd want to get some clues.

I was in a situation previous rental where the property was being transferred to another real estate agency who then dropped by to assess the property, but the original managing agent was transparent about what was happening.

Advertisement