Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with a book

Options
  • 21-03-2022 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas?

For her birthday my mother would like a book about the types of plants she can grow in a small garden and their care.She's looking for new ideas.she has a smallish flower bed and some containers,which always look lovely.All the books I've found on Amazon regarding small gardens seem to be more about garden design than plants.

Any recomendations would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have a book called Best Container Plants by Stefan Buczacki, which is pretty much just plants divided up into annuals, perennials, small shrubs etc. Its an inexpensive soft back book dating back to 1996 but it seems to be what you are looking for, whether it would make a birthday present is another matter! I doubt whether you will find a listing with a look inside, but it is quite nicely organised and lots of picture, very factual, not waffle. He has a number of other books which might be of interest, check out his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Nell B

This is a nice book as you could grow some of the plants mentioned in it in containers! Lots of reading and great ideas if your Mum likes making stuff.

Its on offer on Amazon at the moment.

https://lovelygreens.com/a-womans-garden-grow-beautiful-plants-and-make-useful-things/

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Advertisement