Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving in Waterford!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭GandhiwasfromBallyfermot

It was likely done to discourage people from driving up through the Applemarket & New Street and to reduce cars passing through there with a view to fully pedestrianising the area in the future. I think it would have worked if they hadn't turned Castle Street into the one way roller coaster it is now and left it two way so you could come up castle street, across Browns lane and access Barrack Street that way. Either way I think any move that brings less cars up through the centre of the applemarket is a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,888 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

There were very similar debates in Dublin about 50 years ago when it started to become apparent that the era of allowing private cars to drive wherever they wanted and park wherever they wanted was only going to lead to gridlock.

Has the OP considered getting their relative to apply for a disabled permit? My mother in law has one, she's not a driver. She can walk but not very far or with shopping. The OP would then be allowed to use the permit when driving with them or picking them up.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kilkenny36

I have considered it. But from what I seen there is no Disabled bays outside here either. Look maybe for my circumstance I just can't collect them from outside city Square any more. The issue isn't really picking them up the issue is they have a trolly with a load of shopping. So there are no other good alternatives for this. It worked for the last 5 years but it seems it no longer will.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kilkenny36

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tobey

the 2 spaces where the disabled spaces are now are set down points and the disabled spaces have moved up towards where the van is. a solid 30m walk from the front door of city square.

• Advertisement
Advertisement