Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible slander

• 22-03-2022 2:38am

This is a delicate situation because it is a family member who has been saying things about me. So far they have only said these things to me alone. These are very serious and nasty things that if they became public would completely destroy my life. They're all false and the creations of a jealous and mentally unwell person.

I would like to make the Gardaí aware of what this person is saying without getting the person in any trouble. I am just afraid that they will get drunk and say it to someone else and then the rumour about me will start spreading. I think it would be wise of me to inform the Gardaí of what this person is saying before this happens.

I do not want them to go in trouble now. I am wondering if anyone can tell me, can I talk to the Gards without naming the person who is saying these things? Can I go in and ask to talk to a Garda because someone is saying very serious things about me? I don't want to be wasting their time. But if this person decided to start shouting about these false claims I could be in serious trouble. But I don't want to actually do anything about it, as I said it's a very delicate situation.

Comments

Advertisement