Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primus playing Rush's A Farewell To Kings - Olympia Dublin 1st Oct !!!

Options
  • 22-03-2022 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭

Holy flurkin schmidt .....

Primus - A Tribute To Kings

3Olympia Theatre

Friday 1st October 2022

Tickets from €45.05 Incl. booking fee

Tickets go on sale this Friday at 10am

https://mcd.ie/artists/primus/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

That's an interesting development. Haven't seen Primus live.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

"Primus will head out on an extensive, 46-date, coast-to-coast extension of its wildly popular ‘A Tribute To Kings’ Tour, paying homage to prog-rock legends, Rush. ‘A Tribute To Kings’ will find Primus performing Rush’s 1977 album ‘A Farewell To Kings’ in its entirety, following a set of their own music. As bassist Les Claypool told Rolling Stone, the tour is about paying tribute to a band that has given him so much inspiration over the years."

http://primusville.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Managed to miss Primus when they opened for Rush in London in '92 (30 years ago next month 😲). Wasn't my fault I missed them but this might be an opportunity to put that to bed.

Watched a bit of them playing this show on YouTube last week - pretty good. Funny to watch the 3 of them having to concentrate to play the Rush stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭seanin4711

oh yes!

OP you made my day!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Yowzer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Bought my ticket (presale) just now and I'm so looking forward to this - over 30 years a fan and have never managed to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Saw them in 2003 Tour de fromage! one of the greatest gigs i have ever seen ....seas of cheese it it's entirety and a very pork soda heavy mix of hits on top!!

they opened with mr krinkle and it was HEAVY!!

too many ppppppppppppppppppppuppies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

Presale tickets got. Looking forward to this. Herb has always been one of my favourite drummers.

Now if only they'd play John the Fisherman or Harold of the Rocks... "This guy's pretty bizzare Gus"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ticket secured. Genuinely thrilled to be seeing them in person. The last of the big 90s bands that I have never seen live.

• Advertisement

Primus sucks!!!!!!!!!

It'll be first time seeing them here. We've travelled in the past. Last time was 5 years ago.

Actually had a chat with Larry after the Serj Tankian gig in the ambassador in 2007 what a nice guy!!!!

A buddy of mine was on to me earlier , he snoozed on tickets and only wet looking today. I never noticed when buying tickets earlier in the week but turns out the first 3 rows of the circle are going for 250 a seat. Venues in this country **** suck, first Tool now this and I'm sure it's happening for plenty of other shows and the Point and Olympia are still charging €1 a ticket restoration fee.

I've actually got tickets from touts last minute for face value for the first row in the circle at the Olympia. Row a seat 1 and 2 best seat in the house he said, me bollox I thought. Was I surprised when we arrived in 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Been to see Primus twice now. Saw them outside Milan in some castle back in around 2006. Then saw them a couple of years later in London. Big fan and I only found out today that they were coming to Dublin!

Got the VIP tickets for myself and a buddy. You get to attend a Q&A with the band, a T-Shirt, signed poster, lanyard and some other merch. You get early access to the venue too and a front row seat on the balcony so you're getting something for the money.

Absolutely can't wait now. Might actually get to talk to Les!

In fairness, I thought the 250 quid tickets were decent enough value once you saw all the things that came with it. I thought about it, but eventually decided against buying one.

Oh I figured it was just the venue fleecing people for the good seats, yeah that stuff certainly sounds ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭dasdog

Regular standing tickets available this morning at €45

I dunno, to my ears it seems playing Rush over & over appears to have rubbed off on Primus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭seanin4711

WTD: one ticket.

like Primus

Love Rush

not paying 245 euro though!

Cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭RayCon

Yip, just saw that. "Logistics problems" has a strong whiff of "we're going to lose money on this tour" off it

If I was them I’d be wondering why cross the Irish Sea to play a thousand seater , but the whole European tour is off I think

Advertisement