Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z Aim or Niggeloh backpack sling

Options
  • 22-03-2022 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

Looking to get away from the annoying slipping shoulder slings and also have one that allows both hands free.Has anyone experience of either or maybe one has had both and could say which is better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Got him!

Got a Niggeloh Backpack Sling and while it allows you to use both hands, the rifle still swing about quite a bit on your back as you walk along to the degree that I reverted back to a regular leather sling which is easier to manage. Only need to sling it on 1 shoulder as opposed to 2 !! Not a fan to be honest. Not familial with a Z Aim !!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭philmire

The Niggeloh is a well made piece of kit miles ahead of the z aim. the z aim I found it so flimsy I wouldn't put in on a 22 worth 20 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭zeissman

I also use the niggleoth and I like it.

My rifles would be on the heavy side and it does make them Easier to carry with the weight distributed over both shoulders

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Can’t speak for the z aim, I never had the want to try one. I also don’t like the ideas of a cord tied around the grip or flapping around behind you.

I do have a niggeloh backpack sling, for a heavier rifle it’s the better option for spreading the weight. It’s more suited to studs or cups on the side of the stock so the rifle can sit flat against your back. It’s not perfect though as the strip of webbing after the straps allows the rifle to flop around. I removed the top of the sling and put both straps onto a wide swivel, it pulls the rifle in tighter and makes it more secure.

Other slings to consider are the 3hgr or the Seeland sling w/dividing zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

Thanks all for the recommendations.Really like the idea of 2 hands free and rifle not sliding and pulling on 1 shoulder.Just carrying sticks and opening a gate or crossing a ditch would be so easier with rifle secure on your back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

I have had both, used on a heavy rifle that kept slipping with a heavy mod on the barrel. I found the Z-aim fiddely and eventually gave up on it, recently bought the niggeloh and so far it has been very good.

I use part of the z-aim sling on my Primos tripod - the quick release is useful on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭ferrete

I have and use the z aim however you need to watch it as it has broken on me 2 or 3 times will only last 2 or 3 seasons and needs changed however i will say i still do replace it with another on my third now. But next time i will try another brand or type

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

To add to my earlier contribution,

get a Tab Gear biathlon sling. The most comfortable sling I’ve ever had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Richard308

I’ve had both. To be fair niggeloh is of far better quality. But I prefer the ergonomics of the z-aim. The string looped around stock isn’t astethically great but I still find it handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

I've used the Coral Gunslinger for years now. Takes all the weight off yours shoulders and onto your hips, like a backpack would.

http://www.gunslingercorral.com/

• Advertisement
Advertisement