Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mo bacter

Options
  • 22-03-2022 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Would now be good suitable time to use mo bacter since temperatures are above 12c?

Just thinking the night temperatures will drop well below this would the product still work? Will be using evergreen drop spreader what setting would use?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Spread it by hand less hassle, and now would be fine, just water in if it doesn't rain these next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭damienf1

Hopefully weather keeps up to speed up the process. Think gonna try the spreader since I have it probably needs higher setting than other products since its organic

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Mo Ghile Mear

I used Mobacter over the last couple of years. It definitely got rid of the moss but each Winter it came back as bad as ever. This Spring I'm undecided about spreading it at all.

I think the ground temperature would need to be a good bit higher for it to work. It was end of April/ early May before I did it. (Maybe that's why it didn't kill it off better...???)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it's not something i know a lot about, but someone whose opinion i'd usually trust, was saying that most solutions to moss you'll see marketed don't address the underlying cause, they just kill the moss but leave moss-friendly conditions in place. so you might want to look at why moss keeps reappearing; is the lawn in shade? is the soil acidic?

liming the lawn may be worth trying if the soil is acidic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

i tried lime didn't work for me, come to think of it i've tried every 'solution' under the sun and the moss keeps coming back😔

• Advertisement
Advertisement