Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thetford fridge works on EHU but not gas

Options
  • 22-03-2022 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, my relatively new N3412 has given up the ghost on gas, pilot light is working but not freezing, home again and working fine on electricity, it is a 3 way fridge freezer, any ideas...Charles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Is your gas cylinder nearly empty? Can you hear the igniter kicking in when you switch to gas and see / hear the flame?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Thanks for getting back to me...gas cylinder almost full, working away in the hob and oven, I hear the igniter kicking in and had a quick look to see it the flame was working, all seemed ok on that front, I never have the camper off level either...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭Shoog

These fridges use the same ammonia based cooling system for all three fuel types. The heater element is the only thing that changes. This means that if the fridge is cooling on electric the fridge is all OK. The gas heater is at fault and it could be the blow out mechanism is broken preventing the pilot light from staying on or the jets are blocked.

Its should be fixable if you can get the parts or find a suitable tech,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Most likely a blocked jet, if you can get access to it with compressed air and give it a good blast it would most likely clear it, if the pilot jet flame is not big enough to activate the thermocouple probe it will not work on lpg, there is probably a vent directly on the outside wall which would let damp air in over the winter which would allow this to happen, I had one last year with the same problem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

Thanks all, the broblem was the burner, didnt realise Tristan had them, long haul on the bike to Charles Camping got a new one, easily fitted, worked right off, the old one is partially blocked, easy to spot when blowing through each, thanks for all your help especially my chat on the phone with Tristan....Charles

• Advertisement
Advertisement