Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bring out the words engraved on a tombstone

• 22-03-2022 8:05pm

Is there anyway in Photoshop to bring out the words engraved on a tombstone?. It is a grey tombstone and the letters are cut into it so impossible to see. i tried playing with reds/ greens /blues changing brightness contrast etc. No good. Is there any digital equivalent of putting chalk into the letter carvings. I think that would make it stand out.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭BeardySi

(Very) quick and dirty job on an image I picked from google - original on the left.

Duplicated the image and adjusted the curves to up the contrast heavily. Used an overlay blend to combine with the original and a layer mask on the overlaid layer to only effect the tombstone. Could use some finessing, but you get the idea.

Probably not the only way to do it. Entirely possible it's not even the best way but it got a quick result...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Baking parchment paper and a crayon. Tape paper to headstone, and colour over area holding the crayon on its side. The bits that don't take the colour, are the letters.

Did you consult a headstone engraver? As a matter of interest, where are you based?

Post edited by beertons on

Advertisement