Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emails from Manager

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭n0minus1

Agree with the OP that something doesn't seem right here.

There's a difference between cascading information from a CEO and someone spinning it like its coming from themselves instead.

Probably just an ego play from the middle manager. Bit sad really on their part

Safe to stay that they aren't fooling anyone, and if they are those people aren't worth worrying about.

Don't worry about it. Focus on yourself

Post edited by n0minus1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 12,232 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Sometimes in asking the question you realize it's just a symptom of something else that's bothering you. So that's good at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Oh that’s for sure. But as I said previously, means to an end. 4 years with this company and they have managed to chip away at any incentive to do anything extra in the spirit of goodwill.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

I think that answer tells us plenty about you.

And by asking "is it legal" in the first post shows a lot of ignorance.

Next you'll be asking if you can complain to the police about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,232 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I think the point has been made.

Your kicking a dead body in the head at this point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭TooTired123

Is frustrating the same as “illegal” for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

Strange thread.

Did you speak to the Gardaí yet, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭farmerval

This is why middle management is a serious pain in the h**e. CEO or those further up the food instruct you what to do, you have to bring keep staff on board whilst carrying out managements instructions.

Very often senior managers will instruct the next layer down to enforce instructions they would never suggest if they were dealing with the fallout, but if someone else has to listen to the moans and complaints, so what.

One place I worked in the MD would get his knickers in a twist every now and then because there was too much milk in the office fridge on a Friday!! Head of office team ten had to email all office employees warning them that this wasn't to happen again. Gas!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Isn’t that one of the tasks of middle management? To be a conduit between the higher ups and the minions. What’s the point in having a dog and barking yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭farmerval

It's also why lot's of people that are good at their jobs hate it after promotion. Suddenly you go from being good at what you do to managing people, who most likely are not good at doing what you were good at.

Often it's like you've changed career. Lots of people including me don't like or want to manage people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement