Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Patrick's Day Parades shambles

Options
  • 23-03-2022 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭

I took part in the Swords parade as part of a team but from talking with lots of the people who watched, they won't be back next year if Fingal sticks with their Electric Only vehicles policy. Kids want to see motorbikes, tractors, fire engines etc. All they saw were hordes of kids walking with their various teams and were utterly bored.

Seems very silly when there are a mix of vehicles on the road for every other hour of the year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 SouthNorth

Similar sentiment here regarding Balbriggan. At times the marshalling keeping groups separate was lacking.

It was eldests first parade to take part in. He loved it and the novelty of walking up the main street. But at the same time, wasn't quite the same without a few tractors, trucks etc 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 11,257 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I was at the Swords parade twice before Covid, can't say I was impressed with any of the vehicles, just seemed to be a load of transit vans towing adverts for JCs and Betsy with groups of freezing kids marching in between

I don't think it's the electric vehicles rule is the problem, especially since there's electric trucks, tractors and motorbikes if anyone would bother to find them. I think the problem is the parades are just badly organised and poorly funded

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Just had a look at the 2019 parade photos and there were;

Fingal Coco vehicles, Tractors, Coastguard vehicles, JCBS, Buses, Motorbikes, Vintage cars, Malahide train thing and lots more.

All the stuff kids like seeing!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭pjcb

what is the point of the parade?

Advertisement