Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Penalty points removal

• 23-03-2022 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Hi all . I recently appealed my penalty points in court and the judge upheld my appeal. Does anyone know how long it takes the NDLS to remove them .

i represented myself and the NDLS are of no use with this question .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭beachhead

Get a copy of the judge's ruling and sent to your local and head office of NDLS.That might hurry them up.Getting a copy could take a few weeks.But I'd say the answer is "how long is a piece of string" with civil servants and added excuse of covid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭Allinall

Are you sure the points were applied at all to your record?

Generally when an appeal is lodged the punishment is suspended until the outcome of the appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭reddanmm

This is the answer I got when I asked them . They don’t seem to understand the question I asked . I didn’t pay a fine .

yes I got a statement from the NDLS . 5 points were applied . I was late with the appeal because I knew nothing about the points until I got notification.

That looks very like a generic reply.It seems to suggest the writer thinks you appealed to your local Chief Super.Looks like the C.S. could need informing of the judge's ruling-civil servants and so called staff shortages due to covid come into play again before your record is updated

• Advertisement

It is . I told them twice I was in court 🙄

At least Niall put his name on it.Another point of contact for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Fattybojangles

My understanding is you'll need something in writing from the courts to say your appeal was successful and send it onto the RSA.

Doesn't mean they don't act like employees of the state

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭mikeecho

If you didn't pay a fine, then the points wouldn't have been applied.

Q1. Did you receive a letter, stating that points have been applied to your licence?

Q2. Have you contacted the RSA , and get a statement of what points you have, when they were applied and when they expire .

Yes I contacted them, the points have been applied . I asked them when will I be notified that the points have been removed and they said that I wouldn’t be notified. Points expire 2025😩

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

This mightnt be much help but I had points applied years to my licence over a car I had just sold not having change over ownership details being processed.

Guard and RSA didn't want to know with me eventually getting an affidavit to solve the issue.

Advertisement