Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpler Life - Channel 4

• 23-03-2022 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching?

blurb

24 ordinary Brits leave behind their jobs and their homes for an extraordinary summer, cut off from the modern world, on a remote farmstead in Devon. Together, they live by the principles of the Amish, which rejects modern values and technology.

I can see the appeal at least for a summer!

Very interesting first show I thought.

F#ck me that Penny one would wreck anyone's head.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

A decade or so ago, I went to Uganda for 4 weeks to lend a hand with some bits and pieces.

No phones, no hot water, no television or radio, basic food and water. It was honestly lovely to disconnect from all the noise and interference of our daily lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I can honestly see the appeal. They all seem to be embracing it bar the aforementioned Penny...she feels like a producer plant tbh...

Advertisement