Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef 2022

• 23-03-2022 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭

Started tonight, I'm just about to watch....

Am I imagining things or has the format changed drastically??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm 10 minutes in and Pookie is already driving me mad 😠

Glad to see I'm not the only one to struggle with those star silicone ice cube trays from IKEA!! 🤣

Eddie the pilot is already my firm favourite. I just hope he's not a one trick pony.....

Post edited by HeidiHeidi on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Trying to do the Australian nd US format where they have to win their place. Doesn't quite have the impact of the bigger productions though

Eddie proving to be far from a one trick pony!!!

I love him, he'd light up a room. The most unlikely ships pilot I've ever seen!!

Laura also up there for me.

The standard is unbelievable in this first week.

ETA - I've just realised I'm still watching last week's shows!

Is there nobody tuning in this time round?

I've been binge- catching- up on the last couple of weeks.

The standard this series is really high!

But they've clearly saved all the headcases for the last week of the heats!!

My money is on Thomas from last week to win, he's been outstanding, and so understated and humble - I can already see him sitting at next year's past winner's table! And I would travel a long way to try that rice dish that he served up to Jay Rayner!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gregg seems very cranky this season. He's fairly unforgiving in his critique and seems very hard to please and is overall a bit dour. I wouldn't be too upset if they replaced him

I'm watching but the 'new' Boards is knocking me off my posting if that makes sense!

Enjoying it. Definitely liked Thomas last week. He was great. Liked Hannah this week too, really likeable.

And that young girl, Radha - not sure how long she'll last, but she'll surely get picked up by a modelling agency if this doesn't work out! She reminds me of Uma Thurman in Dangerous Liaisons.

Can't be doing with the theatrics of the Iranian drama teacher - I've seen Gordon Ramsey somewhere in the ads/ titles - I'd fear for his safety if he gets that far 😱

And the lady with the nettles and the hogweed - meh. How much of that is just to be different?

The Jamaican marathon fella is a bit too hyper for my liking - but he can clearly cook, his chicken dish sounded only amazing.

Looking forward to getting into the next rounds, there are some seriously good cooks this time around 🤗

I really miss the chat that used to go along with all these series 😭

Anyone else still watching?

I'm just catching up on tonight's episode - and as much as Pookie would drive me mad in 10 mins flat, now that Thomas has been sent home, she's my new firm favourite for winner - she's utterly bonkers, but brilliantly so.

Can't get over Radha, for her age and lack of experience, she's done brilliantly. Tippling on her prosecco under the table just made me love her even more!

I just think Eddie is gorgeous - if he served up a bowl of cornflakes, I'd put him through!

And I love Sarah for doing a savoury dish - I do not for the life of me know what their problem was with the presentation, it looked perfectly lovely to me..... that just smacked of looking for holes to pick in things for the sake of it.

• Advertisement

I have watching but the setup of the site now its so difficult to follow threads! I love Eddie too. But the whole lot of them that are left are all good.

Episode tonight is in Ballymaloe!! Dying to see who the dinner guests are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Rachael and Derina are at the table.

Tim must be busy at his computer.........

Ballymaloe looking absolutely fabulous, great advertising for Ireland!

Did John go arse over tit after a few pints, and smack his chin??

Good girl Radha!!! That can't have been easy as a veggie....

Pookie's sauce looked rank!! Grey and watery. Her worst dish by some distance for me.

I thought poor Sarah was going to have a coronary, but she cobbled it together somehow, and her flavours sounded so good they all forgave her dodgy pastry!

Eddie's dessert looked a bit of a mess.... but I'd say it tasted damn good!!!

If there's one going after this, I'd say it would be Pookie.

Oh I'm warming to Pookie. "It's cocktail time" lol

Not sure I would eat her food though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Oops

Awww, Eddie and his bow tie is as cute!!!!

Interesting that before yesterday Radha being a vegetarian was never mentioned - by John/ Greg or her!

Usually contestants make a big deal of something like that.

I sort of noticed a a very by-the-way thing that she did a lot of Indian veggie dishes.

I like her, a LOT. Hope she goes all the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭sporina

just watched the final now.. didn't watch the series tbh..

for those of you who did, what did ye make of the final? was Eddie the best? how was the competition this year?

odd final I though.. as in the finalists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Alquaa

I enjoyed the series, it’s a poor relationship to masterchef Australia though. I must admit I disliked Rahda from the moment she said she never made a dessert and then pulled an insane looking pudding complete with caramel out of the bag. It was a little far fetched for even a talented cook to get that on the first attempt tbh.

Pookie definitely talented but the colours she made food didn’t have me salivating, I’m ok for blue/green/purple rice any day of the week. Eddie was my winner as he seemed to have a decent food knowledge, didn’t make blue food and seemed the most affable.

I believe one of the episodes was filmed at Ballymaloe? anyone see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Alquaa

Yes, Ballymaloe looked great, they really have great credit to the Allen family - particularly Myrtle and heaped praise on the produce and culinary school.

Back at 8pm this evening

The blue rice 😱

ETA - outdone by the pink chicken 😳

Hollandaise sauce to cut through the richness? Really??

I can feel the indigestion just thinking about it!

And now green rice??

I'm sick of Nickolas already.

Great opening show, lots of potential there!

• Advertisement

Nobody watching and posting??

John and Greg raved about them, but those burger dumplings looked revolting!

Advertisement