Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Gigabox (1000) Issues

Options
  • 23-03-2022 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi.

I just got Vodafone Gigabit broadband installed at home, I'm having a couple of issues that I'm hoping someone can help with.

1st of all the engineer was in a hurry to get to another job (I overheard his manager on the phone to finish up quick as he needed to goto another job, he didn't want put the Gigabox where I asked (it's where all of my Routers have been for years which is perfect for the whole house) he insisted on the front Sitting room (which nobody uses) I explained all this but he said it was best place to install it. (Quickest probably)

I got 1 "Super Wifi" box which I expected would at least work out in our Kitchen/Other Sitting Room Area. It's about 20 meters from the router if even but the Super Wifi extenders only work when within 5-7 meters of the main router, I was only told this after installation.

The wifi out in our main area is only picking up about 30mbps, I assume because it's choosing to connect to the 2.4ghz connection, I can't for the life of me find a way to split 2.4g & 5g into separate connections like I did with Virgin? Not on the app or on the router login? Has anybody got any idea how to do this?

Also, My speed over ethernet is shocking. 93mb download & 95mb upload. I'm happy with the upload but the DL is a joke.. I had this issue before with Virgin until I bought genuine Cat 6 Ethernet cables which I am using for this so has anybody got any idea why my ethernet speeds are so low? We still have Virgin until April 3rd & when I connect that wired I get 960mb, it can't be the the cables.

The wifi speed with VF Gigabox is between 300-400mb on my phone when within meters of the router which is why I can't understand the slow wired speed.

TLDR - Basically what I'm looking for is how to Split 2.4 & 5g connection & change channels, also sorting my slow ethernet speed.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement