Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest restrictions for US bound flights

Options
  • 24-03-2022 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

Hi 

Im due to travel to the US in 2 weeks with my family. Their will be 5 of us in total, 4 have just recovered from covid and have a recovery cert. Is a recovery cert enough to board the plane or do we still require a covid test 1 day before hand. The information given is contradictory

Flying from Dublin with Delta Airlines

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

My brother and his family flew to Chicago from DUB on EI last week. They were all vaccinated but still had to take and provide approved PCR tests within 24 hours before departing. This rule has been in place since last November. Its the same rules regardless of airline flying to USA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

It doesn’t need to be Pcr. Antigen day before flight is fine and will be cheaper than pcr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Thanks, will I still need to show a negative test with a recovery cert ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

I think the answer is yes.

I’m travelling tomorrow to nyc and had to use the VeriFLY app (Aer Lingus). They required proof of vaccination AND certificate of antigen (or pcr) test within 24 hours (well day before irrespective of departure time).

USA citizens don’t need the negative test I think?

Also you fill in a locator form for USA.

Usual ESTA

lots of paperwork.

Couldn’t check in online unless it was all done and verified.

Must say it was very stressful with current covid numbers wondering would we get to go.

Noticed that lots of theatres and restaurants etc even require kids to have vaccination pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭comment

Looks like I’m wrong. You might need a letter from a doctor though.?

• Advertisement
Advertisement