Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RANDOX Grand National Festival 2022

• 24-03-2022 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Only two more weeks I'm lookingforward to this good timing I'm off work that week. All placepots and any on/off topic talk about Aintree welcome here, This year I'll probably bet on Racheals ride, Snowleopardess, a JPhoss and one or two more....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

hopefully winged leader gets compensation in the foxhunters

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I've placed my first bet(free 10e) at Paddypowershop of the GN22 today WIN on Enjoy Dallen 12-1

Snowleopardess is looking quite short atm

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Wexford19943

Longhouse Poet currently priced at 16/1 it will go off fav for this race no doubt, The horse is no doubt the perfect profile and will emulate the horse called Numbersixvalverde back in 2006. The way he won the Thyestes he kept gaining to the line which settled his staying engine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

you have ''no doubt'' he will go off favourite?

christ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Zanahiyr the main bet tomorrow. Has ran very consistently over 2 miles and the step up in trip should hopefully be to his advantage. Each way bets on Sky Pirate off top weight in the 2 mile handicap chase, Stand Up and Fight in the Foxhunters and Paul Nicholls’ horse, Iliade Allen, in the bumper. Good luck all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

No real strong fancies but I do like the chances of

GALEIK COAST 10/1 6 places

Drop back to 16f run at a fast pace should play to his strengths

GL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Surely Epatante is going to be far too good for the rest of the field in the 3:30. Yes it has to step up in trip, but Aintree is a nice flat track and the ground isn't too soft. Should have too much for the rest so I am on at 2/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭crossman47

Methinks the stewards were waiting for a chance to get Elliott. Demoting Pied Piper was nonsense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Any free bets for the GN?

I will put a few quid e/w on Rachel Blackmore's horse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Bet 365 have their excellent offer again, half your stake back in cash up to €125 on all e/w bets placed on GN up until 12 o'clock Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

In GN specials, odds on which horse starts as favourite include SL , DW both 2/1, ASN 7/2 and MT 5/1.

the first 2 are generally 8/1, ASN 9/1 and Minella Times 10/1.

going to chance Minella Times at 5/1 (to start as fav) based on view that a lot of the one day punters might choose MT just because of Rachel factor.

Hoping Jonbon can prove there’s a bit of value at even money – he’s my main bet tomorrow. Fancy Bravemansgame in the novice chase and Fakir Doudairies also – both also around even money – but just have those in a treble with Jonbon. I like Speech Bubble’s form behind Love Envoi so will back her at 5/1 for the handicap hurdle and think Senior Citizen, who finished third in the race last year, has a decent e/w shout in the Topham.

Jonbon had to work there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Jonbon probably a bit lucky that El Fabiolo was hampered at the 2nd last but showed great battle up the hill to come out on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭The DayDream

Yesssss. Thought for all the world he was beat there. Yelped with glee when Willie's fumbled the last but when he still came back at Jonbon again... usually you're a sitting duck and the line was a good bit away, he really showed heart to stay in front.

Henderson just has an embarrassment of riches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

Did all horses get over the first in 4.05 . I thought they did. PP had special on it but it returned a loser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

1 unseated a few strides after. Guess it counts as a faller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm going Minella Times, Run Wild Fred and Samcro ( as Sons of Anarchy fan ) e/w for Aintree GN tomorrow

Longhouse Poet is the one I’m going to put my faith in for the main event tomorrow. I think he’s a horse that has a touch of class about him, and you get the feeling he’s been laid out for this for a while. Pretty lightly raced overall and if he takes to the fences, hopefully he can have a decent chance of at least making the frame at 16/1.

As for the rest of the card, I like Three Stripe Life in the 2:25. If Sir Gerhard is as good as he looks, this lad has ran consistently well behind him and hopefully will have enough here. I will also back Oscar Elite in the 4:15 handicap hurdle. After running well in the Ultima, I hope he can produce another bold showing here at a price of 15/2. Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭MacDanger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Here we are, I'll be on the jolly grey SNOWLeopardess , Good luck some freebets on anysecondnow. fiddlerontheroof

4 for me

Longhouse poet

School boy hours

Discorama

De rasher counter

145 Winter Fog ran a nice race at Cheltenham and looked like it has further improvement to come. This looks a weaker race, looks like value to me at 5/1.

Aintree 2:25 Three Stripe Life looks to me the best horse in this race quite comfortably. If it runs to the form displayed in previous runs it should be good enough to win today. 10/3 best price.

Burrows Saint at 25/1 my national pick. Can jump and should stay the distance, ground should suit

Patrick Mullins writing in the paper this morning saying that everything went perfectly for him last year, and he still couldn’t get over the line, so he expressed his doubts about this year. But he’s proved he gets around so could well have another big run in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

School boy Hours for me.

Was very impressed by Delta Work in the cross country at Cheltenham. Cruised around. I couldn't get over I was watching the same Delta Work that hadn't done a lick in two years.

Could have done with another sup of rain maybe but think he'll be bang there at the finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

had to do these yesterday but 50 worth of bets for 25 is as good as it gets

the downside is delta is now 14s (took 8s) got 16s on fidder and escaria ten now 22s (took 16) so price promise

probably won't apply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

BOG will apply

BOG does not apply if you take boosted price

Was BOG not from 10am today on 365?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭finglashoop

usually the evening before on 365.

pp is 8 am on the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

On Longhouse Poet, Fiddleronthe roof and Enjoy D'Allen to win and de rasher counter e/w

Couldn't resist a nibble on Fortescue at 25/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

pretty sure this was the case with the national unfortunately for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

My picks are

Dingo Dollars

Mighty Thunder

Discorama

Good Boy Bobby

Burrows Saint

Eclair Surf

ALL ew of course 6 places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Delta Work

Enjoy Dallan

Fiddlerontheroof

all to win

and an each way bet on De rasher counter and mount ida

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Ah delighted for him,

Great words from him there too - what a story.

What a way to ring in your retirement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,975 ✭✭✭enricoh

What payout do you get lads on 5 e/w at 50/1? Had 8 horses between the family n the other 7 fell but 1 done the biz!

• Advertisement

€55 back

(50/5) + 5 euro stake

11 fivers in other words,, Santini a great horse - had him meself 😂

Unless ya backed winner..

then the returns are €310

( (50 + 10) x 5 ) + 5 x 2

WD

Thought it was a couple of hundred, may dampen celebrations so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,857 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Bah, don't think I hear the latter two mentioned at all in commentary, must have been at the back all race

I fixed that - see post above,,

thought ya only had a placer - jammy bastid 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭MacDanger

You also have the fiver on the win part of the bet bringing in 255 so 310 in total, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

250 euro + 50 + 10

So 310 euros back in your hand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

You will get nothing, Nonce Yeats didn't run 😂

• Advertisement
Advertisement