Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's the biggest idiot on the planet right now ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Do you know Putin personally or are you just going by what the media tell you?

Ukraine and Russia have been at war since 2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Chris Rock, insult a womans medical condition with her bigger, stronger husband sitting beside her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Yea. It could have been played off as a gag and nobody would really ever know for sure if he shut his mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,415 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also, if it was a joke, what would the joke actually be? Chris Rock came out of it looking okay due to how he dealt with it but it was also an awful joke to begin with that caused that reaction. Will Smith obviously doesn't come out of it looking well and completely overshadowed his Oscar win. The slap was definitely real. There was no "Hey, that was just a planned joke!" at the end of it.

It was a terrible joke and an ott reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭you2008

USA has been at war was since .......... well since USA became USA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Will Smith holds that title today

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Isn't she the same woman who has been openly cheating on Will Smith for years with one of his best friends?

She must have some sort of hold on him for Will Smith to defend her honour like that after the stuff she's put him through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I don't think Putin expected the massive sanctions that happened when he invaded Ukraine financial sanctions and sanctions by tech company's most apps are now blocking payments or purchases by Russian users it's not clear that Russia can replace the Web services that are no longer avaidable to Russian users

some Internet services to russia are being closed down skilled tech workers are leaving Russia basic goods are in short supply and expensive tech company's are leaving Russia and it turns out the Russian army has low morale alot of equipment does not work properly due to the military being plagued by bribery and corruption and they are fed on low quality food rations if the Russian economy gets worse Putin may lose his job shortage of food or basic goods being more expensive is the one thing that can start a revolution.

Re will Smith its a great feat in Hollywood to be married for 20 years to one woman

and he clearly loves his wife

his wife has a podcast she mentioned the word entanglement I think that's a code for I had an affair in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

Or hero depending on your outlook, either way CR would be high on this list too.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,415 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One of their son's friends. I believe he was 18 when she first met him, though it was a few years after when they started sleeping together.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

Wanderer2010

Registered Users

Will Smith. Just imagine if he slapped a female presenter like that. He would never work a day again and most likely be arrested. But because its 2 men its justified?? Disgusting double standards.

You want to talk double standards imagine if the sexes were reversed there'd be uproar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Will Smith 'the tit'

(i thought of that all by myself)😑

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Iker

My top 3 up to last night were 3. Hitler, 2. Donal Trump, 1. Putin. But then Will Smith decided to remind me how if you add extreme self-importance to any idiotic personality make up, is like adding water to sulphuric acid. I witnessed the Greek fire of idiocy happen over and over again as I rewatched the video today. Not only is Will Smith now the undisputed number 1 snowflake in the entire planet in my eyes, he is also the number 1 sucker-slapper, back stabber and all-round prick in the universe. Chris Rock's joke was not toxic, it was an obvious and silly joke to make as you would expect from any comedian that can spot an opportunity for craic amongst an adult audience. And by the way, he started by saying: "Jada, I love ya...". The worst part of it all is seeing Chris narrate Will Smith's coming to the stage with a smile, perfectly safe in the belief that his mate of many years will just do a pretend scuffle or maybe say or do something funny like the professionals and adults they are supposed to be. And then it comes. The "Judas" slap across the face of a 57 year old, father of 2 children, legend of the comedy stage and of Hollywood. It is even more nauseating to watch how Will Smith uses acting and emotional manipulation later to try and endear himself again with the audience. Chris Rock has stones the size of planets and showed true professionalism by staying calm, not reacting violently and most of all, he kept the show going after literally being assaulted and humiliated in front of millions of people!! That takes massive courage and maturity, which Will Smith obviously doesn't have at all.

• Advertisement

right on brother

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,006 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If it was some newbie comedian fair enough..and if she had maybe cancer, fair enough I can see why then an emotive response might have been fired back.. a physical one too…but …it’s alopecia…

but Rock is known for being comically offensive….yet he only referred her to being similar to GI Jane…for that he got smacked…

odd that Smith wasn’t arrested and LAPD say he won’t be unless a complaint is filed. You can see a crime, see a person getting assaulted but unless somebody complains you will do SFA ? What’s that about ?

Chris Rock handled it perfectly, dignity and professionalism intact… just rolled with the punch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Thank god Jimmy Carr wasn't presenting the Oscars. He'd cut a little more to the bone.

or Ricky Gervais

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Iker

I thought that too at first, but Ricky would have probably gotten a pass for being British. Also, I think Ricky would have seen it coming or gotten out of the way, or even play act his way out of it once he saw things were not going according to plan; whereas Chris Rock just didn't seem to expect what happened at all because him and Will Smith are supposed to be mates and know each other for many years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,945 ✭✭✭growleaves

It's not a double standard because men and women are physically different.

Women have softer bone structures in their face and are more easily killed.

Ah yes, the Minister for Finance without a bank account.

Others and indeed himself might fancy him as the epitome of "cute hoorism" politics but he was an idiot where it could so efficaciously provide the most and longest-standing impact and pain -> financially and the legacy is still costing us today in "The Universal Bertie Social Charge"

The Public Sector profligation from the "Bertie Years", something that he can take pretty much 100% credit for with pretty much no return was more costly financially than the property bust, which itself he had a fair part in also (from FF sucking the bollix off the property developers to Bertie's "astute" financial regulator appointments)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

For me its still that tit who stuck a lit flare up his bum at the euro finals last year

No Ricky would have played it safe and dropped the joke if he knew beforehand that Will Smith would have been in attendance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭trashcan

Ah no, he really isn’t. He may have a certain cunning, and seems to know how to appeal to large cohort, but a good public speaker ? No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,551 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Anybody that can't, or won't, define what a woman is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,319 ✭✭✭✭briany

I remember seeing the Newsnight where Linehan was on it talking about this stuff and going, "WTF, why is Graham Linehan on Newsnight talking about transsexuals??"

What a rabbit hole to go down. Successful comedy writer, nice family and a few quid in the bank. Now living in a flat by himself, and does Zoom chats with like minded people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭bladespin

• Advertisement
Advertisement