Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyvolane

Options
  • 24-03-2022 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, just currently house hunting and preferred to live near the city. Can anyone advise about living in Ballyvolane as to which part of it is good for a growing family, not rough and which parts of town to avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Jcb21

I lived there for a few years when i was in my 20s. Most of the housing estates are mature so no real issues with gangs of youngfellas roaming about. It has a decent bus service in the 207 bus.

One thing to look out for is the new housing estates planned for out the Ballyhooley road. One is across from meadow park and a huge one off 6/700 houses out further beyond Merview. I know there is plans for works on the fox and hounds junction but with all the extra cars those estates will bring it could be a disaster for traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Very quiet area really sister lives in mervue travellers can be around with their sulkies but dont really cause problems as such.

Advertisement