Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Friday 25th March 2022

• 25-03-2022 6:36pm

Today there be racing,,

more shambolicness at Newcastle.. Andrew feckin Thornton,, Where's Leonna ffs,, nice and sunny out too 😃

Odd Socks Havana to run 'is race in 5,40 upcoming @ 7/2

gl

Comments

No bet there,, think Johnny Peate went too soon on Odd Socks Havana,, anyroad, best horse won that, as were daylight between second and t'rest, at end of race,,,

don't look too appealing the Newcastle card,, interesting to watch Hot Diggity Dog in 7.45,, very short atm, @ around 6/4-13/8 ,, too short for me,, he's in form but has only won once; that was a Class 5 over 6f at Gosforth Park venue,, Class 4 over minimum tonight,,

prediction: HDD will go close, but something beats him - have not looked at t'other 5, so pay me no mind,,,

One I might have a go at, and she goes in t'last:

8.15 NELLIE FRENCH ~ 50/1 e/w

She won the last time she tackled C & D (on the declared Standard / Slow going) , which was last month.. race was ran in a slow time tho,, drawn high is good here, so coming from stall 8 (of 11) is no bad thing for a hold up horse,, small stakes on this one for t'interest,,

tactically it should be a good race, as the top two in betting - going on the 'paper price' - , Lynns Boy and Blackcurrent, both like to lead, and they're drawn wide apart in boxes 10 and one respectively,, if none of them two isn't quite good enough, then it could go to summit what "needs a fast run five furlongs" , as the future prospective winning trainer will likely submit, should neither LB or Blackcurrent prevail,, don't know if pace will suit Nellie tho; that's if t'race pans out like what i think it might

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

6:45 I was looking for the alternative to favorite but I think fav Robert Walpole is the strongest case in that race, only evens though...

From 6:15 Phantom Flight is notebook material but he'll be short next time.

go with Coase 7/2 in t'next ,, must be a reason Franny aint retired yet 😂

cameraman focussing on Jo Mason a lot prior to race 😆 she's frum "up north",, reckon she says 'cock' a lot 😂 ,,, reckon Leonnar does an all - when she's not on t'telly :(

Grate ride from Franny ! pity me were no on :sad

• Advertisement

yeah, Robert W didn't benefit from being at the front from the very start...

onto the next one 😅 7:15 Lady Lou distance winner, could've won lto too if got going a second earlier, she was in the first ahead of the rest, good chance imho, PP is paying 4 places here, two hdc debutantes and the rest hit and miss 😂

Loose Lips 7/2 & Lady Lou 10/3 in t'next, mebbe r/f too

don't know about Come On John 7/2 (hdc debut or no) , as he aint got proper good form in book imo

no good there,, Lady Lou 2nd, Loose Lips down t'field,, winner weren't too easy to find for a 13/2 shot, Ba Na Hills,, looks like 'e was 11/4 early doors,,, odds compiler knows 'is onions 😋

8:15 Elzan ran a good 2nd lto after four months break, and could be in the mix again. That's it for me for the day.

• Advertisement

yeah, one of the first time in hdc company "surprised" us all 😄 got my bet back on Lady Lou minus few pennies - not good enough.

Adams Barbour is favorite again in Dundalk, after getting breaten only two days ago 😅 no bet, just interested how that's gonna work out.

besta luck with Elzan Elzaal in "lucky last" j@u ! looks a nice price too ☺️

not even placed i see, that Adams Barbour,, not surprised he didn't win lto, on a/c of 5f trip,, thought he'd be more suited by tonight's 6f,,

no bet, just as well.

it's too late into the night for me, I've been going since 5am, so... thanks for putting it right there, leff.

only joshin' j@u ! 😂 i figured it to be a noveltae with ms j@utis misspelling a nag's name - one for t'scrapbook that 🤗

still aint backed Nellie,, am 2 lzy 2day,, it were well after 5 in the am when me surfaced too 😃

prediction: HDD will go close, but something beats him - have not looked at t'other 5, so pay me no mind,,,

and Hot Diggity Dawg comes 2nd,,

coverage on course is a joke,, Thornton must be off drinking tea,, just seen an interview there from Andrew - with a jump jockey Callum Bewley,, shaking my h here,, must be prerecorded that from days ago,,

knowin my luck this week, Nellie will go and prevail, and me not having a shilling on at all :(

will cheer for t'El horse in this one, outta forum solidarity 😃

unlucky there j@u ☹️ thought he had it on a couple of occasions there

there's hope for us all yet if Franny and Joe are still riding winners 🤣 !

"reaaalllyyy pleased" (yeah right 😆) for 'elen Cuthbert (who i couldn't have picked out of a lineup beforehand) , 'aving her first winner (or summit) ,,,

that concludes my interest in today's nag related frolics

all the best folks, g'night and g'luck 😊

• Advertisement

2 2nds, ghhrhrhrh. My notebook has thrown up eleventeen+1 nb horses for tomorrow, I can guarantee I'll pick only losers from that list 🤣

keep yer pecker up j@u 😊 we've all had bad days,, been a poor week for me all told,, the sun'll come out tomorrow - or however it goes,, losing aint quite as bad when sun's shining imo,, too much dreary weather in this country overall; 'twud drive an otherwise sensible person to puntin' 😅

i can laugh, but it aint funny deriving pleasure from receiving notes (what have no intrinsic value) and coins, from speculating on t'outcome of a sporting venture :(

tis the world i was born into tho, so whattaya gonna do ? 😝

...... lemme guess: keep punting??

damn right ! 😃

Advertisement