Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saturday 26th March 2022

• 25-03-2022 8:00pm

2.18 Stratford

Seeing nowt in this with solid claims,, looking at paper 3rd fav Hurricane Dylan ~ 5/1 - he's 11 and aint won in three years,, a good enough run lto when coming 3rd in a Conditional & Amateurs' race; fast time it were ran in, plus he was staying on at t'end,, come 2nd the time before that over ~ 2.5m on soft/heavy going at Huntingdon under the 7lb claiming Joe Anderson (who takes mount here) , so the horse is in form,, has won off way higher marks before - 3 wins, all off 122 and all at ~ 2.5m on goodish ground, including 2 hdles and 1 chse win,, all that said, he'd be a surprising winner in this imo,,

The paper fav Ballybeen ~ 11/4 is lightly raced, yet to win but might have plenty to offer; could be 'well in' off his 100 rating, and all that gd sheet, if one wanted to make a case for the 100 rated topweight,, lots to like if that's the aim,, can't have him myself,, though he aint done much racing on good ground under rules; i think he would rather it softer, like most of Presenting's progeny, at least as far as hurdling goes,, looks a potential place lay prospect if his odds get too crazy,, has been well supported in all of his 4 runs under rules, and has even gone off fav the last twice,, one to keep an eye on - at best - is this poster's recommendation, as he might shape like a 'notebook job' , but no solid evidence that he's gonna be bang there, as far as tomorrow's race goes,,,

Dariya, the paper 2nd fav @ ~ 3/1,, am not liking this 7yr old mare, and esp at likely prices,, has had three runs for her new trainer David Brace; the latest of which she won lto at Huntingdon when seeing massive support,, that was on soft ground, but t'going is good at Stratford,,

nothing much interesting out of the rest of the bunch... apart from t'pick:

CANASTERO ~ 15/2 e/w NB

Won over C & D on his third last start under Saturday's jockey Tom O'Brien,, that was Class 4 race, and goes in Class 5 here,,, he also came third in last year's renewal,, ran poor enough on his last two runs, but can overlook them as on both occasions there was a conditional jockey on top,, doesn't have much overall form to speak of, but is only six, and is a 'horses for courses' pick in a race with no standout winning claimants in it,, he'll do for me anyroad,, price is about right @ 15/2 gen, but 365 are @ 10s i think (aint been on oddschecker) 🙂

GL all :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

Nothing for gran turf season re-opening in Curragh?! What about Rebel Step in 16:16 😂 I'm only messing, best to be watched for now.

😁

didn't really pay it any mind j@u, that opening Irish Flat Season fixture (am guessing it is anyhow)

Curragh = "choppy seas" ,, calmer waters being tried,, may give it a look yet - only for no 2 poster tho 🤣, tis too tricky looking

t'Lincolnshire could inspire a crazzy amount of e/w pokes, so yeah, why not? :)

Sirjack Thomas is "t'pagejumper" insofar as having a quick pick in the 4.16,, C&D winner he is too, plus some placed efforts,, goes okay after an absence an all,, will give him NAP on GFP 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Safe Voyage (50/1 6 places) looks a very big price in Lincoln.

PP is paying 7 places in 4:16 irish lincoln, but finding one to fill that place is not easy. A McGuinness is very determined to win this, sending half of his stable there - I counted 7 runners 🤣 from bigger priced I "like" Lealaps 20/1, maybe? but when you look at previous runners, shorter prices prevail, so Star Harbour 14/1, perhaps?

I have a bet on Gia Darling 9/1 in 5:30 Wolves later on, counting on favorite to flop from the widest draw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

I'm on Bowerman and Starofcashel e/w in the Irish Lincoln

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Reidy

Love you're work nap and nonsuch lad donny and wolves. No time to explain but trust me big chances

Tush

7.00 Wolves

Decision Maker ~ 11/1 is interesting as last time he was at course, he won over C&D,, is drawn low in two today, so is a favourable box to come out of should he try make all like he did last May,, has an absence to overcome, and, as well as that, there be also a few in this who like to get on with things, so has a few niggly question marks,,

Will side with AMAZING AMAYA 9/1 gen e/w here,, She came third last time out over the 6f trip at the course here,, that was one of her very rare attempts at the 6f trip in her career,, her trainer must think 6f is a good trip for her,,, drawn in box 1, so should get the rails position, and my guess is she'll be held up to let the rest get on with it,, in a race where i can't pick any likely winners, or placers even, i think AA will at least be running on well at the end, and will hope there's enough real estate left for her to get there.

Drish Hero ~ 4/1, who i can't make much of a case for, is likely a danger to all,, just having his second run for the shrewd Ivan Furtado stable since leaving Ireland,,

The in-form Red Alert ~ 11/2 might run a good race, but he's drifted a bit since this morning,, is now at a favourable price should one fancy him,, like me, i feel other punters are also put off by his box 10 draw,, don't bode well for one that likes to race prominent (as he has done lately),, not incapabable of winning from a hold-up ride neither, so has to be considered at prices,,,

can see why Portelet Bay has seen some money for this,,, has contested a class four on the AW, as well as a couple of class five's, in recent months,, has never won on the AW though, so not too interested in David Evans' horse here,,,

will likely just side with the pick AA in this for the in-form Derek Shaw, plus she has the assistance of top course jock Graham Lee.

Am liking j@u's pick Gia Darling an all, so an e/w dble mebbe :)

😊

A poor enough ride from Kieran O'Neill there,, might have cost us t'place with him going out wide

chance Boudica Warrior 6.0'c ,, first run in handicap

• Advertisement

Back From Dubai here,, no bet

gl

Kieran O'Neill wins on a well gambled yoke with zero fk all form ,,, had a mare the last two races i backed him in,, not easy 😢

A great ride by Graham Lee there to make absolutely certain of NOT getting third,,, but despite his best efforts, she (Amazing Amaya) did 😂 BTN , or better than nowt, as us folk say,,

and Furtado does it again,, told meself many moons ago to not back anything in a race at Wolves/Ncs that Furtado, or either of the Loughnanes had a runner in,, doesn't leave much scope for backing any at all in reality :( 'Lights under bushels' jobs a lot of the a4mentioned trainers do have running here,, no form,, bs like "down the ratings" , "was well supported three runs back" ,"had a wind-op, change of headgear" etc,, try to find them strictly on form; well, may as well forget about it,,

and another for Kieran O'Neill,, grrh, am seeding here 😁

Gia Darling gets nowhere once I decide to back her 🤣

In 7:30 Wolves, Endowed 4/1 seems to be a class act - has never raced below class 4 😅

Pity there,, Endowed backers never even got a sweat on 😴,, the drought continues,, i'm backin no more this eve meself,, too much punishment taken today!

two win picks in t'last at Wolves...

.. 8.30 Wolves VAYNOR 11/2 win , FORESHADOW 4/1 win

a 'favourable' to Jacks Profit @ 9/2,, could win or come nowhere this one.

a lot to take on trust with #Johnston (?) fav Pons Aelius ~ 11/4 here in 8.30 lucky last,, no form in his first 3 'non handicap' races,,, has to be a 'place-lay' on gfp 😟

I thought that MJ was now in 'partnership' with his son Charlie, and it would have been: Trainer - Mark and Charlie Johnston, but then again, I know sfa 😃

Advertisement