Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heating Supplement

• 25-03-2022 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭

I'll keep this as short as possible.

I was refused fuel allowance as my Brother is employed but only getting illness benefit and was not living here at the time of application.

I am on disability benefit. I have been thrown about many departments and finally got onto my local welfare office who sent me the correct form. That was last month and they emailed me after I inquired to say that it's in a que.

I need the heating on a lot due to my injury/condition so its costing a small fortune. It's a supplement as I'm automatically disqualified from fuel allowance as my brother is employed even though he's getting less than me at the moment .

When I log into mywelfare.ie it shows it's been awarded but I haven't heard or received anything .

Anyone ever in a similar position before ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

There will be a letter on its way to you via snail mail. You should get it sometime next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

I still have got nothing but it is now showing the amount online.

Only from February to March despite the initial request in September.

Amount will only cover 1 month and they can see that by supporting documents too.

Really confusing stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I think what your seeing is its been awarded from February and it will be issued to you in time . I'm confused about the September bit, is this when you last applied and were refused 🤔 if so I don't believe you can expect a previous decision to be reversed , the Department has awarded it based on your most recent application and won't be revisting a previously declined application. As you've mentioned your circumstances have changed since (means) and presumably this is why they've approved your new application.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Thanks, I got sent to many different departments regarding this since last September. My means have not changed since it either.

If I had of been sent to correct department first time it would have been approved so much quicker and would have caused a lot less hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,029 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Apologies, I thought you mentioned you were initially refused FA and assumed that's what the September thing was about.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

Yes I was but they told me to appeal it then reapply to another department before I got through to this one.

It's being going on so long now, if I was told the first time to go via this route I would have.

I emailed again and they rang me to say it was paid to post office. I never got any letter though so I asked them can it not be paid to my account as I filled in my details and my disability allowance gets paid there anyway.

They said they would resend the letter but the amount is only from when they received the application not from when I initially applied to another department , tiring stuff.

Advertisement